Working with Multiple Bosses Successfully
Date : 15 January 2019
Time : 02 : 30 PM EST
Duration : 90 Minutes
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein has had multiple bosses. She initially found the experience exhausting and frustratingly stressful. Then she learned the "secrets" of working with these managers and the situation. She has worked with clients who face the same challenges and helped them learn to get required results while maximizing learning from each boss. Rebecca, as President of Advantage Leadership, Inc. works with leaders who want to grow their organizations and improve their bottom lines through strategic leadership and planning, engaged employees, and improved critical processes to delight customers. She has a Ph.D. in organizational development and is the author of several books on strategic leadership. Rebecca is an MBTI Master Practitioner, an elected foreign member of the St. Petersburg Engineering Academy, National Speakers Association Professional Member, and has been honored by organizations on four continents.
Most people find it challenging enough to work well with even ONE boss. But if you're working with two bosses – or MORE – the challenge may seem nearly insurmountable. Dealing with the workload is tough, but now you've also must manage multiple communications styles, sets of expectations, schedules, projects, and more. This can mean multiple headaches. Even if the "official” designation is 50% of your time for Mr. A. and 50% of your time for Ms. B., the reality is BOTH may act as if 100% of your time is devoted just to them! Learn to manage up in a diplomatic, practical, and successful way, to get your work done and keep all your bosses satisfied.
You will learn battle-tested techniques for managing your bosses and your own time. In today's world of "do more with less" and reduced staff to accomplish mandatory results, many people find themselves reporting to more than one person and becoming frustrated with contradictory demands. Learn to turn these challenges into accomplishments as you become more adept at meeting their differing needs.
In this webinar you'll discover how to
- Identify the preferred communication and work style of each manager and flex your own style to be compatible
- Set up clear plans, schedules, and concrete expectations up front to avoid crises, miscommunication, and frustration
- Use aligned assertive communication to set boundaries, "manage up,” and define priorities
- Develop strategies and tactics to resolve conflicts among different managers' expectations
- Convert the experience of multiple managers into a positive learning and growth opportunity to advance your career
Who Should Attend
- Anyone at any level who has more than one boss
- Administrative Assistants
- Executive Assistants
- "Bosses" who must deal with multiple bosses
- Speaker: REBECCA STATON-REINSTEIN
- Webinar Code: REBE-0005