How to Improve Your Leadership Style
David is a professional speaker, executive coach, and author. His unique experience and expertise include the military, academia, and business. DGR has “been there and done that.”
- Fighter pilot in the USAF, 208 combat missions, DFC
- Founder & CEO of three companies
- Best-selling author
- The CEO Code
- Idiot’s Guides: Management Skills.
- Regional Manager & Management Advisory Council, Merrill Lynch
- Commercial & residential real estate developer
- MBA in finance from California State University
- Studied with Peter Drucker at Claremont Graduate University
- An adjunct instructor at six colleges in the Southwest United States
- Lived & worked in Europe for three years and Asia for one
David has an uncanny ability to relate, cut through the fog, and gently share new alternatives that work. Scores of sophisticated, successful, and sincere executives have enjoyed and profited from DGR’s guidance.
This webinar has been approved for 1.50 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
For any further assistance please contact us at email@example.com
Before you start any journey you need to be certain of your “starting point” and then plan the best route to reach your destination. We will discuss basic behaviors and styles of leadership so you can figure out where you fit now. Then we will explore the necessary characteristics for becoming a great leader.
Next, we will examine exactly how we become the way we are now, why we act the way we do, and how we might improve and actually change our behavior. This will include a discussion on how the brain works, how habits are formed, and why it is all based on beliefs and values. Then we will share the differences between values, beliefs, performance, behavior, self-perception, popularity, and integrity. Until you have a clear definition of each of these areas as it relates to you, you will not be effective as a leader.
The fundamental question is, “Are good leaders born that way or developed?” More and more research is validating the fact that leadership and all human behavioral characteristics have the potential to be developed. Everyone’s life experience has a significant impact on their point of view, abilities, and behavior. We are now able to influence and control that process and change beliefs, values, and style.
You have the ability to literally shape your future and who you are. This webinar will give you the building blocks to safely and productively live well during the journey and Create Your Masterpiece personally and professionally.
- What characteristics does a great leader have?
- What style of leadership is most effective?
- Where do you fit and how do you decide to change?
- Factors that determine who you really are.
- There are only two ways to fundamentally change.
- Designing a plan that is realistic.
- Let's discuss beliefs, values, and behaviors. Oh, and what about style.
- Do you need reinforcement, external support, or anything else?
- How do you know when you have ARRIVED?
Who Should Attend
- C-Suite Executives
- Vice Presidents
- Regional Managers
- High potential employees
Why Should Attend
You have remarkable amounts of untapped potential. Many think they have done really well while others are dwelling on self-doubt, insecurity, or confusion. No matter where you are now in your personal development, you can improve. Everyone has room to grow. The good can become great, the mediocre can become really good and the basket case can totally “get it together.” Everyone has the potential to dramatically improve. It’s really all about behavior and the decision is completely yours.
We are going to peel the onion of leadership, style, and behavior in this webinar. You will have a brand new perspective on what makes a leader great, how to evaluate yourself, and how to change those things about your style and behavior that will get you better results. We will delve into beliefs, values, and behaviors. Then we will share how they are developed and how we can deliberately change each one of them.