Surviving in an Emotionally Toxic Workplace
Michael has been consulting and delivering engaging
and impactful training programs for over 30 years in a very broad
cross-section of industries and to people at all organizational levels
and roles – from CEO to the front line.
believes that our workplaces and our workplace relationships can be
fun, inspiring, energizing, satisfying AND be creative and productive. He works with businesses and organizations that understand the value of
developing people as a foundation for continual improvement and
enhancing organizational capacity.
Are you feeling Frustrated? Exhausted? – trying to deal with all the emotions that swirl around in your workplace. Feeling like you just don’t know what to do?
Sometimes it’s the same person you have to deal with day in and day out – you feel overwhelmed and just want to avoid them, but you can’t – you have a job to do – things to get done.
Sometimes you’re blindsided – suddenly, out of the blue someone is angry at you or accusing you – everything was going fine – then BOOM – they became unhinged – often you don’t even know why – you’re thinking “where did that come from”?
You dread going into some meetings/situations knowing emotions will be flying around. You hope it won’t happen this time, but it does, one person is using emotional blackmail, another’s playing the martyr, someone’s persecuting. You just want to “get away”.
Then on the way home at the end of the day, you replay one or more of those situations over and over, regretting you didn’t do something different while feeling hopeless that things will never change.
Imagine if you didn’t have to feel this way – you have the confidence and skills to deal with those emotional situations, to diffuse the situation and get everyone back on track … with grace and ease.
You will leave this webinar with a clear understanding of what drives these emotional outbursts and how to use a 3 step process to deal with them constructively and productively.
You will know how to use the Art of Emotional Aikido – you’ll be able to protect yourself from even the harshest attacks.
You will be able to leave “work at work” and enjoy your personal time without having to replay the events of the day.
This webinar is designed for anyone who has to deal with people and their emotions.
- A 3-step process to de-escalate emotional situations
- The art of Emotional Aikido - how to protect yourself when confronted with strong emotions
- The 7 irrational thinking patterns that set the stage for destructive emotions
- A simple-to-use 5-step model for immediately letting go when things go terribly awry – you won’t have to carry those events around in your head
- What drives emotional reactions – the triune brain explained
- Why people react emotionally, even when it doesn’t seem rational, or in their best interests
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who has ever felt frustrated by the irrationality and unproductivity of the emotions of other people.
- Anyone who has ever felt exhausted having to deal with these emotions.
- Anyone who has ever wanted to avoid a person or meeting because they knew it would be unproductive and they’d leave emotionally exhausted.
- Anyone who has replayed a situation after the fact trying to figure out “what happened” or “what I could have done differently”.
- Anyone who has ever reacted emotionally to a situation and after regretted their response.