Implementing the New Lease Accounting Standards
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman with over 40 years in the field. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a one billion dollar real estate development company. Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,500 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. He is recognized as an expert in payroll and sales & uses tax as well as financial modeling & analysis, business strategy, and communications. He is the author of several useful accounting and tax tools available at www.soxpolicies.com and www.salestaxadvisors.com. His clients include Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, US Marine Corps, and the US Army. Please visit his websites to see how you can further benefit from his expertise.
In this webinar, you will learn practical tips for complying with the new guidelines for this complex area of accounting and reporting. Upon course completion, you will be able to analyze typical transactions to recognize their lease characteristics and account for and report them in compliance with the new rules.
Since FAS #13 was released in November of 1976, lease accounting has been very stable in the USA. However, in 2016 the FASB issued ASC 842 to replace those rules. They go into effect in 2019 for most companies. These new accounting standards change everything. Join us for a quick study of the new rules.
- Receive guidance for determining whether an arrangement is or contains a lease
- Contrast ASC 842 with IFRS16
- Learn how to account for lease and non-lease components
- Learn how to account for modification, re-measurement, and termination of a lease
- Understand sale and leaseback transactions under the new rules
- Identifying and accounting for leveraged transactions
- We will summarize the presentation and disclosure rules for both Lessees and Lessors
Course Level - All Levels
Who Should Attend
- Compliance Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Accounting Managers
- Information Reporting Officers
- Tax Managers
- Bank Managers
- Risk Managers
- Internal Auditors
- Service Providers
- Government agencies