Human Error Solutions: How we Reduced 60% of Human Errors in Less than a Year, a Case Study
Ginette Collazo, Ph. D. is an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist with 20 years of experience that specializes in Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability, disciplines that study the interaction between human behavior and productivity. She has held positions leading training and human reliability programs in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Nine years ago, Dr. Collazo established Human Error Solutions (HES), a Florida based boutique consulting firm, where she has been able to position herself as one of the few Human Error Reduction Experts in the world. HES, led by Dr. Collazo, developed a unique methodology for human error investigations, cause determination, CA-PA development and the effectiveness that has been implemented and proven amongst different industries globally. This scientific method has been applied in critical quality situations and workplace accidents.
Ginette Collazo, Ph. D. is the author of the book Human Error: Root Cause Determination Model, published in 2008. She is also a speaker at significant events like Interphex, FDA news Annual Conference, Global Conference on Process Safety, International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics, Pharmaceutical Industry Association, and International GMP Conference.
Pharmaceutical manufacturing sites continuously compete, even within the same company to maintain production volumes and avoid closures. To attain a status of a high performing organization manufacturing sites are implementing strategies and practices like operational excellence and performance reliability. To achieve this goal, innovative approaches to traditional processes need to take place. This webinar discusses how by redesigning the training function and by focusing on the expected result (human reliability) instead of the how (training), a reduction of more than 60% of human error events in pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities was achieved.
- Understand human error: factors and causes
- Understand the importance: regulatory and business
- Learn about human error measurement
- Learn about approaches for measurement
- Establish Key Performance Indicators
- Identify what I can do to support human reliability
- Background on Human Error Phenomena and Measurement
- The importance of Human Error Prevention/reduction
- Quantitative and qualitative information gathering
- Facts about human error and training
- The Challenge: Reduce Human Error
- Organizational Level Actions Taken
- Specific Actions Taken
- Final Results: 60% Reduction
Who Should Attend
- Training managers and coordinators
- Plant Engineering
- QA/QC staff
- Process excellence/improvement professionals
- Industrial/process engineers
- Compliance officers
- Regulatory/legislative affairs professionals
- General/corporate counsel
- Executive management