Creating a Robust IT Governance Program
Dr. Michael C. Redmond, PhD. is a Consultant,
Speaker, and Author. Her certifications include MBCP, FBCI, PMP, CEM ISO 27001 Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor, as well as many other ISO
certifications. Michael also conducts ISO Certification Implementation and Audit Training for PECB. Michael is the Chapter President for
Association of Contingency Planners Eastern Great Lake Chapter and an active member of ISSA. She has consulted in the area of Cyber Security
for clients in the areas of Healthcare, Insurance, Financial, and
Manufacturing. Her projects have included
- SIEM Security information and event management which is Combining software products and services combining security information management (SIM) and security event management (SEM)
- (CSIRT) which is Cyber Security Incident Response Programs, Plans, Playbooks, Training, and Testing
- Audit of CSIRT programs and documentation
- Information Security Programs and Implementation
Michael has consulted in the fields of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery in the areas of Healthcare, Insurance, Financial, Manufacturing, Education, and Government. She has 2 books which are coming out in 201yand are being published by one of the Top International Publishers in the world. The first is a Cyber Security book and the second is a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery book.
been honored as Top Woman in her field at a White House Luncheon and
was selected out of the world to write the prolog for the chapter on
RISK Management by the United Nations for their Disaster Book which was
given to the head of state for every UN member nation. She has recently
been named on the list of “Women of Distinction for 2015” by Women of
Distinction Magazine for her work in Cyber Security. She was selected to
speak on Cyber Security Incident Response and SIEM at such recent
- International ISSA Conference in Chicago
- NYS Cyber Security Conference – Co Spoke with Acting CISO for New York State
- ISACA Western New York Conference
- Metric Stream Round Table in New York City
IT governance (ITG) is defined as the processes that ensure the effective and efficient use of IT in enabling an organization to achieve its goals. Organizations today are subject to many regulations governing the protection of confidential information, financial accountability, data retention, and disaster recovery, among others. They're also under pressure from shareholders, stakeholders, and customers.
To ensure they meet internal and external requirements, many organizations implement a formal IT governance program that provides a framework of best practices and controls.
Governance of the organization's current and future use of IT including management processes and decisions related to the current and future use of IT. These processes can be controlled by IT specialists within the organization, external service providers, or business units within the organization.
- Assigning and monitoring IT security responsibilities, strategies, and behaviors so that appropriate measures and mechanisms are established for reporting and responding on the current and planned use of IT
- principles for good corporate governance of IT:
- Human behavior
- Choosing a Framework
- Understanding an organization and its context
- Defining a governance management approach
- Selecting of governance analysis methodologies
- Defining governance evaluation criteria
- Identification of assets, threats, existing controls, vulnerabilities, and consequences (impacts)
- Assessing of consequences and incident likelihood
- Determining the level of governance
- Evaluating governance scenarios
- Evaluating governance treatment options
- Selecting and implementing controls
- Performing a governance management review
Who Should Attend
Financial, Insurance, Manufacturing
Why Should You Attend
IT governance provides a structure for aligning IT strategy with business strategy. By following a formal framework, organizations can produce measurable results in achieving their strategies and goals. A formal program also takes stakeholders' interests into account, as well as the needs of staff and the processes they follow. In the big picture, IT governance is an integral part of overall enterprise governance.
Attend this session by our expert speaker, Dr. Michael C. Redmond, and learn Principles Effective IT Governance, Risk and Compliance in 2019 and beyond. Michael will help your organization to manage the complexities of Creating a robust IT Governance Program. You will learn your responsibilities for protecting data and your legal liabilities. This session will enable you to gain knowledge on the implementation of a framework and controls to safeguard your client's data. You will receive valuable information that you can implement. This is a must in the new world that is facing new risks every year.