Creating Smart Presentations : Integrating Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Cathy Horwitz believes that when your employees know the capabilities of the software they use, they will demonstrate improved productivity, will be more efficient, and will be able to problem-solve more easily. Cathy teaches classes on the Microsoft suite of application software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Outlook. Cathy has over 30 years of experience in-classroom training and application support with personal computers and has been an instructor for the Microsoft Office Suite since 1989. Her strengths include customizing classes based on the needs of individual students and providing realistic business examples to complement the training. She is a high energy trainer with a flair for training the adult student. When not teaching, Cathy enjoys shopping estate sales and refinishing mid-century furniture.
Microsoft Office is known for its integration capabilities. We typically work with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint individually, and we may insert data from Excel into a Word report or a PowerPoint presentation. Each program has features specific to sharing data automatically among programs. This webinar will give attendees important time-saving techniques in creating truly smart presentations; determine when and how to use each type of integration effectively.
- Integrate Excel data and charts with PowerPoint
- The Many Facets of Copy, Paste
- Understand Linking vs. Embedding Data
- Link Excel data and charts with PowerPoint for automatic updating
- Master Excel data integration into Word
- Inserting an Excel Spreadsheet into Word
- Use Word to create a new PowerPoint presentation by utilizing a Word Outline
- Use Word to create customizable PowerPoint speaker notes and handouts
Course Level - Intermediate to Advanced. The training will be delivered using Excel 2016 for Windows although, for users of earlier versions, most of the functionality is available in Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Who Should Attend
- Administrative assistants
- Sales associates
- Marketing personnel
- Medical personnel
- Legal professionals
- Anyone using MS Office in a business or educational setting to create reports and presentations
Why Should You Attend
Create dynamic presentations with PowerPoint by uniting automated features of Word and Excel. This webinar includes a broad scope of techniques that will make reporting and presenting from all three MS Office applications easier and more effective. Learn about Word's integration of Excel data, linking and embedding Excel data to PowerPoint, using Word for customized PowerPoint speaker notes, and converting Word outlines to PowerPoint.