BEST SELLER - Introduction to California Proposition 65 for USA Manufacturers
Jim has extensive hands-on experience with RoHS,
REACH, and California Proposition 65 operations, working with North
American companies on effective substance compliant efforts. As
an expert in this field, he has been invited to speak at many
international conferences, corporate events, and webinars. Jim has
written numerous articles for international publication. Originally,
Jim successfully led the RoHS and REACH program of a Fortune 100
company to collect data for 250,000 parts from 6,000 suppliers. Tools experience: BOMcheck, PTC Insight, Dassault ENOVIA MCC, Gensuite PCC, ACDC. Jim
has been an active member of several IPC-1750 committees to further
develop the IPC-1752 Standard for automated declaration exchange.
This webinar will introduce you to this regulation in layman’s language and provide an understanding of its current intent and purpose. You will learn why this is an important regulation. We will then briefly discuss what is needed to demonstrate that your product has followed the regulation.
Product Substance Compliance is a concept that is difficult for many in the USA to understand since that is so few regulations on the chemicals used in products. Proposition 65 requires an understanding of the substances used in the product, like EU RoHS and EU REACH.
- Regulation - background, scope, substances, limits
- What makes this important for USA Product Manufactures
- Compliance - methods, operations, records, labeling
Course Level - Basic
Who Should Attend
- Compliance (Chief Compliance Officer, Compliance Managers, EHS Compliance Directors)
- Product & Materials Compliance (Program / Global Manager, RoHS, REACH, Conflict Mineral Program Managers & Directors, Certification Compliance Directors)
- Procurement (Procurement Officer, Manager Procurement Vice President Procurement, Chief Procurement Officer, etc.)
- Strategic & Global Sourcing Manager
Why Should Attend
This webinar will provide you with a basic understanding of California Proposition 65. This proposition has been changed and modified several times since its original implementation in 1987. Today the chemical list has grown to include approximately 800 compounds for every use that could be imaged. The breath of this chemical list and the need to determine Maximum Daily Exposure Levels makes it very complicated. It is highly unlikely that your product does not contain at least one of the listed chemicals and is not get shipped into California. Therefore, California Proposition 65 should be important to all USA Product Manufactures.