17 Microsoft Outlook Quick Tricks Every Legal Professional Should Know
Karla Brandau is a leading authority on time management and team productivity in the workplace. With over 25 years of teaching and coaching time management and over 15 years of specializing in Microsoft Outlook training, she specializes in combining the power of time management with the technology tool of Microsoft Outlook to help individuals “get it all done” in less time.
She is the CEO of Workplace Power Institute (www.WorkplacePower.com) and has educated managers with her proven time management and Microsoft Outlook productivity systems in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, and BYD America.
Karla’s time management with Microsoft Outlook workbook, “Have More Day at the End of Your Day”, is a valuable guide for anyone wanting to know how to use the power of technology to leave work on time.
She is the author of “101 Time Management Tips for Busy Professionals,” writes a monthly informational newsletter, maintains a blog, and has authored many articles for digital information sites and magazines.
Superior technical and organizational skills are critical for the success of a busy legal office. This is a difficult task when you consider managing yourself PLUS the productivity of your entire legal team. If you would like increased productivity in your legal office, sign up for this webinar and learn the 17 most valuable Outlook features your entire firm must use.
Outlook is a one-stop-shop for email, calendar, and tasks, and when you learn the tricks taught in this webinar, you’ll have a tool that produces exponential productivity for everyone in your office. The tips and techniques taught you beyond using Outlook as an email tool. Email in Outlook is only about 15% of the power of the software. This webinar will teach you to use the other 85% of Outlook which will help your entire team leave the office on time with a calm feeling that to-do lists are under control.
Similar to having a genie in a magic lamp and all you have to do is rub the lamp to get more done, all you have to do is attend this webinar to learn the magic tricks, the features and benefits of Microsoft Outlook that can help you use that untouched 85% of Outlook and make your law practice more productive.
This webinar teaches you how to pack your day with greater productivity by helping you organize your private work time, your cases, your office staff meetings and still have time to think. The instruction will equip you to keep track of important details while finding a permanent home for that minutia that wastes precious time while you retrieve it.
Getting more done in less time with this Outlook instruction means you are meeting trial/court deadlines and keeping on top of your entire caseload. Sign up your entire legal staff and watch morale improve as staff members move work forward in an effective and efficient manner, enabling you to celebrate the successful conclusion of more cases in 2020.
In this integrated approach to the Outlook folders, you will learn how to:
- Use the Calendar to manage the daily workflow and keep track of case sensitive deadlines
- Estimate the time tasks take and complete work in the set time frames
- Use the Tasks folder to organize cases
- Differentiate between the To-List, the To-Do Bar and Tasks
- Use Quick Steps and Quick Parts
- Set Categories to enable you to sort information in all folders: Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and the Inbox
- Take advantage of click and drag techniques between folders
- Use the Rules Wizard to your advantage
- Customize Outlook using the File Tab
- Save a massive amount of time with Replies and Forwards
You will be given a tutorial on using the features of Microsoft Outlook to:
- Prioritize tasks
- Log all assigned case tasks
- Ensure assignments to the legal team do not slip through the cracks
- Meet case deadlines
- Closeout your day and plan forward
A partner is valuable in any endeavor but especially in such a complex issue as productivity. You need a partner to keep you on track when interrupted, when distracted by miscellaneous thoughts that pop in your head, and when you have concentrated, taken a break and need to get back on track.
In this program you will make Outlook your productivity partner as you learn how to:
- Estimate task time and negotiate realistic task time frames
- Change daily time frames for optimal recording of detail
- Add an additional time zone
- Move tasks to future days
- Use the Quick Access Toolbar
- Use the Calendar and Tasks in tandem for exceptional productivity
- Change column headings as needed to see critical information
This is a “must-attend” and “don’t miss” webinar for legal professionals who want to sharpen their work habits, prioritize the highest value tasks, and use the power of Microsoft Outlook as a partner for triumphing over normal human inertia.