10 Reasons OneNote is Perfect for Attorneys
Karla Brandau is a leading authority on time management and team productivity in the workplace. With over 25 years of teaching and coaching time management and over 15 years of specializing in Microsoft Outlook training, she specializes in combining the power of time management with the technology tool of Microsoft Outlook to help individuals “get it all done” in less time.
She is the CEO of Workplace Power Institute (www.WorkplacePower.com) and has educated mangers with her proven time management and Microsoft Outlook productivity systems in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, and BYD America.
Karla’s time management with Microsoft Outlook workbook, “Have More Day at the End of Your Day”, is a valuable guide for anyone wanting to know how to use the power of technology to leave work on time. She is the author of “101 Time Management Tips for Busy Professionals,” writes a monthly informational newsletter, maintains a blog, and has authored many articles for digital information sites and magazines.
Do you wish you could magically simplify your notetaking, sharing of files, and record keeping with a powerful software program? That magic is OneNote. If you have purchased OneNote in either the full-featured desktop version or the “universal” mobile-device-friendly edition and are wondering where the magic is, attend this webinar. You will discover the features that start the magic working, simplifying and digitizing your daily work.
With this instruction, you will find OneNote is incredibly simple to use. Each page is called a note and you enter information in freeform fashion by simply copying or pasting from an email or a Word document or even better yet, by handwriting with a stylus on your tablet. You may be surprised to learn that OneNote can be multimedia as it stores each designated image, web site or embedded image.
OneNote makes it easy to copy images from the internet, capture hyperlinks and so much more. Once you organize your notes into notebooks and tabs, just like physical notebooks, you will find it is a perfect complement to your practice management and document management solution as you organize material for each case.
You are judged by your output and the depth of case information you have at your fingertips. When you are under pressure to produce, let OneNote be your partner. This webinar helps you:
- Learn how to use OneNote to your advantage
- Preserve personal integrity by quickly finding information
- Consolidate meeting notes, case/client notes, research notes
- Make To-do lists immediately as meetings progress or thoughts pop into your head
- Provide expert collaboration between team members
- Work quickly and efficiently when capturing information in meetings, depositions, etc.
Once you learn the functionality secrets of OneNote, you will enter the ranks of an elite circle of attorneys that “have it all together.”
The webinar begins with setting OneNote up for your work style and personality and then progresses through the slightly more complex features. You will learn how to:
- Set up Note pages
- Organize with 5 different tags
- Make To-do lists on the fly, inserted alongside the content
- Search and find all information related to a case or topic even if stored in different locations
- Replace your legal pad with digitized information
- Use color to highlight and organize
- Turn OneNote into your dictation tool that appears on the appropriate page
- Make OneNote an expert research tool
- Share your notes with others
- Convert handwriting to text
- Record deposition testimony, flagging critical testimony for easy access later
- Use the drag and drop feature to reorganize notes
A plus is that OneNote autosaves immediately. Notes will never be lost again.
As we progress through the webinar, you will be delighted with the tips and techniques that are embedded in the content. Sign your entire team up and productivity will increase.