Effectively Controlling Conflict At Work: Practical Strategies To Confidently Resolve Conflict In the Early Stages
For 20 years, Beverly has used her S-O-S Principle™ with teams who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life’s challenges, and live fulfilling lives. Beverly works with teams and leaders to shift from stressed out to resilient, enabling them to be more engaged, productive, and healthy.
Do you ever feel trapped in a seemingly unresolvable conflict? Do you approach conflict assertively or do you go out of your way to avoid conflict?
You work in a complex and ever-evolving workplace. Conflict is a natural
result of people having different points of view, values, and beliefs.
When left unaddressed, workplace conflict can lead to increased
absenteeism, reduced productivity, resentment, hostility, and
disengagement. When well-managed, conflict can enhance relationships,
deepen understanding of self and others, and stimulate change and
growth. Knowing that there is not a one-size-fits-all approach to
resolving conflicts, how do you help manage conflict effectively and
support your colleagues who may be feeling frustrated, angry, or
powerless? Successful leaders know how to manage conflict and set the
tone for effective conflict resolution.
- Interpersonal conflict is inevitable
- When you consider conflict as a sharing of ideas, it can be beneficial to move forward
- It’s OK to leave some conflicts unresolved
- Positive conflict management helps everyone move forward
- A leader’s negative reaction to conflict has a ripple out impact on conflict in the workplace
- By listening empathetically, asking pertinent questions, evaluating the personalities involved, and determining the appropriate level of intervention, a leader can resolve most strife
- Explore the 10 causes and 6 escalators of conflict
- Understanding best practices and practical strategies in resolving conflict
- Optimize your interaction and presence in a conflict
- Improve your understanding of and approach to conflict management by learning when and how to adopt the 5 different conflict resolution styles
- Discover how to respond effectively to conflict in different settings
- Learn how to confidently turn conflict into productive discussions using our 10 Steps
- Recognize how to establish and use conflict as a positive and productive force in the workplace
- Develop personal action plans for conflict situations back at work
Why Should You Attend
Move from having a workplace where there are conflicts around jurisdiction, power, lack of resources, and unrealistic expectations, to a workplace where there are productive conversations, buy-in and powerful insights. Discover a framework for assessing the types of conflict common in the workplace and develop strategies for their resolution. Determine the right strategy for the right situation to encourage change, promote decision making, build engagement, and prevent harm to your important working relationships.