Remote Communications Techniques
Audrey Halpern is a soft skills training facilitator consultant with 20+ years of experience. Audrey is currently a faculty member of the American Management Association.
As managers or supervisors who are tasked with getting work done through others your communication style matters. The way to begin to communicate more effectively will depend greatly on your knowing more about your particular communication style, as well as your preferences for taking in information and your ability to filter the incorrect information from the correct. By learning how to effectively and appropriately communicate and clearly in all situations everyone benefits.
Understanding more about self-identifying your default communication style and how best to flex and adapt and adjust to meet other communication styles will help you to have your message be heard in the most effective way. Effective communication involves the right word choices, the right tone, and the nonverbal body language to be effective. When one diminishes the other the message can get lost especially when remote. This webinar will give you the right tools for developing confidence in your remote workplace communications.
- Use advanced communication tools and skills to deliver various types of messages
- Self Identify your default communication style
- Learn the importance of being able to flex and adapt to other communication styles
- Identify where communication mishaps occur and why
- The impact that verbal and non-verbal information has on people’s understandings of your messages
- How you can become more assertive
- Learn how to adapt your style to others
- Know when to “flex” your style to accommodate others
- Use nonverbal communication effectively
- Realize and recognize your word triggers
- Leverage the other person's point of view
- Learn how to paraphrase
- Learn to read between the lines of any message
Course Level - Intermediate
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted at employees, supervisors, middle managers, and senior managers seeking to take their communication skills, to the next level
Why Should Attend
Whether you communicate with just one employee or a team, your communication style and competence are the cornerstones for getting work done through others in order to achieve your objectives. In all workplace professions, good communication skills are an essential part of getting your message across clearly.
Getting a better understanding of how you communicate with others as well as how others communicate with you will improve business and personal relationships. When you are able to interact and communicate effectively there is no conflict and your relationships can improve which can be the key to your workplace and overall success. By attending this session you will learn how to apply advanced verbal and written communication techniques remotely