Unlocking Excellence: The Art of Impactful Performance Reviews
Chris DeVany is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He also has consulted to government agencies from the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Canada, Cayman Islands and the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance, in publications ranging from ASTD/Performance In Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill and often accompanied by in-person, facilitated instruction, has helped and continues to help thousands of executives, managers and team leaders improve performance.
He has appeared hundreds of times on radio and television interview programs to discuss mergers and acquisitions (how to manage and survive them), project management, sales, customer service, effective workplace communication, management, handling rapid personal and organizational change and other topical business issues. He has served or is currently serving as a board member of the International Association of Facilitators, Sales and Marketing Executives International, American Management Association, American Society of Training and Development, Institute of Management Consultants, American Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International and National Speakers Association. Chris is an award-winning Toastmaster’s International Competition speaker. He recently participated in the Fortune 500 Annual Management Forum as a speaker, panelist and Webinar leader.
Chris has distinguished himself professionally by serving multiple corporations as manager and trainer of sales, operations, project management, IT, customer service and marketing professionals. Included among those business leaders are Prudential Insurance, Sprint, BayBank (now part of Bank of America), US Health Care and Marriott Corporation. He has assisted these organizations in mergers and acquisitions, facilitating post-merger and acquisition integration, developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, organizing inbound and outbound call center programs, training and development of management and new hires, and fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovation initiatives.
Chris holds degrees in management studies and organizational behavior from Boston University. He has traveled to 22 countries and 47 states over the course of his career.
This webinar has been approved for 1.50 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
For any further assistance please contact us at email@example.com
Are you ready to revolutionize your approach to performance reviews? Join us for a transformative webinar as we delve into the art of conducting performance appraisals meaningfully and effectively. In today's dynamic workplace, where employee relationships are paramount, mastering this process is essential. It's not just about ticking a box; it's about inspiring, motivating, and boosting your team's potential to achieve outstanding results.
- State the Art Practices in Performance Reviews
- Why annual reviews are not adequate: Discover the limitations of traditional annual reviews and explore the benefits of more frequent feedback
- Staff involvement and ownership through self-appraisal and dialogue: Learn how to involve your team in the review process, fostering a sense of ownership and collaboration
- Traps to Avoid in the Performance Appraisal Process
- Uncover common pitfalls and mistakes that can hinder the effectiveness of performance appraisals, Developing performance measures
- Using behavioral terms: Create a framework for evaluating performance using clear, actionable language
- Defining levels of performance: Establish distinct performance levels to measure progress accurately
- Collecting Information About Performance
- Establishing a record-keeping system: Discover how to maintain an organized and robust performance record
- Making observations: Learn the art of objective observation to gather valuable insights
- Encouraging staff to monitor themselves: Empower your team to take an active role in their performance assessment
- Communicating the Appraisal
- Setting the tone for a two-way discussion: Foster open, honest, and constructive dialogue during reviews
- Evaluating and maximizing strengths: Learn to leverage and enhance your employees' strengths
- Communicating about problem areas without creating defensiveness: Develop strategies to address areas for improvement sensitively
- Setting mutual goals for maintaining and improving performance: Collaborate with employees to set and achieve performance goals
- Using the review as an opportunity for career planning: Explore how performance reviews can shape employees' career paths
- Handling resistance: Manage resistance effectively to drive positive change
- What to do? if you reach a stalemate: Find solutions for review roadblocks
- Following up on the Review
- Monitoring performance: Discover strategies for ongoing performance monitoring
- Making informal appraisal an ongoing occurrence: Integrate regular feedback into your workplace culture
Who Should Attend
- Senior Vice Presidents
- Vice Presidents
- Executive Directors
- Managing Directors
- Regional Vice Presidents
- Area Supervisors
Why Should You Attend
By participating in this webinar, you will gain insights into:
- How to conduct motivational and directional performance appraisal reviews?
- Planning and managing the review process effectively
- Strategies to provide constructive feedback without hurting sensitive employees
- Boosting employee morale while suggesting performance improvements
- Understanding the reasons behind employee anxiety during reviews
- Elevating performance standards within your organization
If you're eager to conduct more effective performance reviews, deliver feedback that inspires, and nurture stronger working relationships, this is the webinar for you. Join us for a dynamic and engaging session led by Chris DeVany, where you'll laugh, listen, and learn about essential topics and key questions that will empower you to enhance your team's performance.
To excel as a manager, mastering critical communication skills is essential. This includes active listening, providing constructive feedback, resolving conflicts, and effectively coaching and mentoring your team. Join us to gain the skills and knowledge you need to become a performance appraisal expert and elevate your team's success.