Outlook For Attorneys: Law Office Rules For Productivity
Karla Brandau is a leading authority on enhancing organizational and personal productivity. For over 20 years she has educated leaders, managers, supervisors, and individual contributors with her proven productivity systems in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, Siemens, and BYD America. Government agencies that have benefited from her programs include NIH, NIDA, the EPA, and IBB. Educational Institutions include Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Texas A & M, and Mercer University.
As she facilitates time management training, she infuses 21st century ideas into tried-and-true time management principles. Her presentations are filled with immediately implementable tips and techniques. Managing stress, dealing with interruptions and minimizing procrastination are additional areas of her expertise.
This webinar is for individuals working in Outlook 2013, 2016, or 2019. A partner is valuable in any endeavor but especially in such a complex issue as productivity. You need a partner to keep you on track when interrupted, when distracted by miscellaneous thoughts that pop in your head, and when you have concentrated, taken a break, and need to get back on track. This is a “must-attend” and “don’t miss” webinar for attorneys who want to sharpen their work habits, prioritize for the highest value tasks, and use the power of Microsoft Outlook as a partner for triumphing over normal human inertia.
In this program you will make Outlook your productivity partner as you learn how to:
- Estimate task time and negotiate realistic task time frames
- Change daily time frames for optimal recording of detail
- Add an additional time zone
- Move tasks to future days
- Use the Calendar and Tasks in tandem for exceptional productivity
- Change column headings as needed to see critical information
- Delegate to paralegals and other assistants with built-in follow-up
- Use the Replies and Forwards feature
Included is a section on handling the avalanche of email that enters your inbox. You will learn how to:
- Survive the email avalanche that dumps into your Inbox
- Produce real results when processing your Inbox
- Sort, prioritize, and organize emails entering your Inbox
- Write emails that get answered
- Communicate results through email
- Use email technology more efficiently
- Integrate the To-Do Bar with the Inbox
In this integrated approach to the Outlook folders, you will learn how to:
- Use the Calendar to manage the daily workflow and keep track of case-sensitive deadlines
- Estimate the time tasks take and complete work in the set time frames
- Use the Tasks folder to organize cases
- Differentiate between the To-List, the To-Do Bar, and Tasks
- Use Quick Steps and Quick Parts
- Set Categories to enable you to sort information in all folders: Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and the Inbox
- Take advantage of click-and-drag techniques between folders
- Use the Rules Wizard to your advantage
- Customize Outlook using the File Tab
- Save a massive amount of time with Replies and Forwards
- Use the Search function
- Put Signatures to work for you
You will be given a tutorial on using the features of Microsoft Outlook to:
- Prioritize tasks
- Log all assigned case tasks
- Ensure assignments to the legal team do not slip through the cracks
- Meet case deadlines
- Closeout your day and plan forward
If you want the stable and solid support of a technology partner for your law office, sign up for this webinar and put the incredible power of Microsoft Outlook to work FOR you. You’ll be in an elite circle of achievers as you finish cases on time.
Course Level - Intermediate and Advanced
Who Should Attend
- Law Teams
Why Should You Attend
Time management for an attorney in a busy law office is a difficult task. Complicating the issue is managing the productivity of your legal team and the entire firm. If you would like more productivity at your law practice, sign up for this webinar and learn valuable Outlook features to make your law practice more efficient. The outlook is a one-stop-shop for email, calendar, and tasks, and when you learn the secrets taught in this webinar, you’ll have a tool that gives you exponential productivity. The instruction teaches you Outlook features that help you manage employees and make them more productive as well.
The tips and techniques taught for using Microsoft Outlook take you beyond using Outlook as an email tool. Email in Outlook is only about 15% of the power of the software. This webinar will teach you to use the other 85% of Outlook which will help your entire team leave the office on time with a calm feeling that to-do lists are under control. Similar to having a genie in a magic lamp and all you have to do is rub the lamp to get more done, all you have to do is attend this webinar to learn the magic tricks, features, and benefits of Microsoft Outlook that can help you use that untouched 85% of Outlook to make your law practice more productive.
This webinar teaches you how to pack your day with greater productivity by helping you organize your private work time, your cases, and your office staff meetings, and still have time to think. The instruction will equip you to keep track of important details while finding a permanent home for that minutia that wastes precious time while you retrieve it. Getting more done in less time with this Outlook instruction means you are meeting trial/court deadlines and keeping on top of your entire caseload. Sign up your entire legal staff and watch morale improve as staff members move work forward in an effective and efficient manner, enabling you to celebrate the successful conclusion of more cases each year.
Teams of professionals in an attorney’s office are pushed harder and harder to close more cases in record time. Does this describe your workplace? Attend this workshop and learn how to improve the results of your law office by creating an environment and culture where employees are organized for productivity, timely execution of tasks, and do more than just work for a paycheck. Not only will you learn Outlook features, but you’ll also get time management tips that make a huge difference in structuring your day and getting more done in less time.