Negotiate Your Way To Success
Karla Brandau is a thought leader in management and team building techniques. She trains individuals to improve their communications and thus their relationships with anyone they interface with.
She specializes in personalities, communication skills, leadership principles.
She is the CEO of Workplace Power Institute and has educated managers with her proven leadership principles in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, and BYD America.
She has a degree in education and is a Certified Speaking Professional, an earned designation given by National Speakers Association.
Karla’s book, How to Earn the Gift of Discretionary Effort, teaches managers how to be the leader people CHOOSE to follow, not have to follow because of their position on the organizational chart.
Most people equate negotiation with conflict and since they hate conflict, they fail to see that negotiation skills lead to the resolution of conflict. In this webinar, conflict is discussed in tandem with negotiation.
True negotiation demands a variety of skills and success begins with understanding these areas, then daily practice to improve them. In addition to conflict resolution skills, these skills include how to:
- Use planning skills to achieve a desired outcome
- Listen and respond in a thoughtful manner
- Present a credible offer
- Determine outcomes beneficial to both
- Keep emotions in check
- Become proficient in asking questions
- Reach an agreement and make a deal
With the principles taught in this program, busy professionals learn how to plan their negotiations, allowing them to communicate with calmness and confidence.
Attend and get real help, practical and tactical strategies, not just theory or fluff.
- Assert yourself effectively
- View negotiation as an opportunity to advance your opinion
- Distinguish between assertiveness and aggressiveness
- Be proactive when facing conflict
- Be a better active listener
- Think creatively
- Determine more than one option or alternative
- Discover what the other party wants
- Align the other person’s need with your goal for this negotiation
- Separate positions from interests
Internalize the principles in this program and you’ll increase your stature in your organization, reduce internal stress, and secure personal career success.
Course Level - Intermediate
Who Should Attend
Any individual who wants to improve their ability to state what they want and assertively achieve their desires.
Why Should You Attend
Learning formal negotiation skills are essential to your career and life success. Once you understand them, you will notice better outcomes in all interpersonal relationships, not just conversations with your manager or other team members.
The benefits of understanding negotiation skills are:
- Increased confidence
- Improved assertiveness
- Fewer people will take advantage of you
- Avoiding the self-defeating belief that you will fail in the negotiation
You may not be aware, but you negotiate every day of your life perhaps every hour. Negotiation skills are used in the workplace to achieve long-term career success. They also boost productivity and reduce workplace conflicts. Negotiation skills should be added to your tool belt of success because they enable you to be more creative and an efficient strategizer.
Organizational negotiations include:
- Who gets the conference room when two people need it?
- Can the deadline be pushed a couple of days?
- Where should we go for lunch?
- Our team needs another team member. Can we hire one?
On the personal side, negotiations may include:
- Who takes out the trash?
- Who gets the remote?
- Where are we going to celebrate Olivia’s birthday?
- The property line is here!
Attend this webinar, learn basic negotiating techniques, and you will prosper more than you can imagine in your professional and personal life.