Interviewing Skills for Managers and Supervisors
Chris DeVany is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He also has consulted to government agencies from the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Canada, Cayman Islands and the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance, in publications ranging from ASTD/Performance In Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill and often accompanied by in-person, facilitated instruction, has helped and continues to help thousands of executives, managers and team leaders improve performance.
He has appeared hundreds of times on radio and television interview programs to discuss mergers and acquisitions (how to manage and survive them), project management, sales, customer service, effective workplace communication, management, handling rapid personal and organizational change and other topical business issues. He has served or is currently serving as a board member of the International Association of Facilitators, Sales and Marketing Executives International, American Management Association, American Society of Training and Development, Institute of Management Consultants, American Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International and National Speakers Association. Chris is an award-winning Toastmaster’s International Competition speaker. He recently participated in the Fortune 500 Annual Management Forum as a speaker, panelist and seminar leader.
Chris has distinguished himself professionally by serving multiple corporations as manager and trainer of sales, operations, project management, IT, customer service and marketing professionals. Included among those business leaders are Prudential Insurance, Sprint, BayBank (now part of Bank of America), US Health Care and Marriott Corporation. He has assisted these organizations in mergers and acquisitions, facilitating post-merger and acquisition integration, developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, organizing inbound and outbound call center programs, training and development of management and new hires, and fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovation initiatives. Chris holds degrees in management studies and organizational behavior from Boston University. He has traveled to 22 countries and 47 states in the course of his career.
The everything-you-need-to-know-before-you-say “you’re hired” seminar!
Nothing’s scarier than the thought of making the wrong hiring decision. After all, it means throwing away a substantial investment of time and money on recruitment, training and benefits.
This fundamental seminar is your ticket to make the right hiring decisions and contribute more to the company bottom line.
- Making the selection—testing and references and other considerations
- Pre-employment and employment testing
- Handling the face-to-face interaction—from start to finish
- How to keep records that also protect your position and your company
- Review legal obligations in hiring
- Laying the foundation for the interview
- Analyzing job specifications before the interview
- Recruitment challenges and trends
- Attract Talent through Innovative Recruitment Sources
- Recruit Specific Employee Groups
- Assess Alternative Work Arrangements
- Practice Interviewing Techniques to Refine and Develop Your Skills as an Interviewer—Including How to Open and Close the Meeting
- Understand How to Ask the Right Questions to Find Out the Information You Need to Know
- Avoid Interview "Traps"—EEO and Affirmative Action Considerations
Who Should Attend
- Senior Managers
Why Should Attend
By attending, you will be able to even more effectively
- Attract talent through innovative recruitment sources
- Learn how to effectively use telephone screening and other methods to filter out the wrong applicants
- Practice interviewing techniques to refine and develop your skills as an interviewer—including how to open and close the meeting
- Understand how to ask the right questions to find out the information you need to know
- Avoid interview "traps"—EEO and affirmative action
Would you like to be able to attract better talent?. Would you like to experience a much higher degree of certainty that “I’ve made the right hire”?
How about being able to conduct interviews more effectively than you ever have before?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany helps us answer these important questions and employ tips, tricks and techniques which will help us interview more effectively and improve our and our team’s performance!