Your Organization's Culture: If You Don't Get It Right, Nothing Else Matters
Duration : 60 Minutes
Marcia Zidle is a board certified executive coach, business management consultant and keynote speaker, who works with organizations to leverage their leadership and human capital assets that results in higher performance and profitability. She has 25 years of management, business consulting and international experience in a variety of industries including healthcare, financial services, oil and gas, manufacturing, insurance, pharmaceuticals, hospitality, government, and nonprofits. She brings an expertise in social and emotional intelligence; executive and team leadership; employee engagement and innovation; personal and organization change management.
She’s been selected as one of LinkedIn Profinder’s best coaches for 2016 and 2017!
Get on a Southwest flight to anywhere, buy shoes from Zappos.com, pants from Nordstrom, groceries from Whole Foods, anything from Costco, a Starbucks espresso, or a Double-Double from In N' Out, and you'll get a taste of these brands’ vibrant cultures. Unfortunately, culture is often misunderstood and discounted as a touchy-feely, rather than a bottom line, the component of a business. That’s not the case. As Peter Drucker, the founder of modern management said, “Culture eats strategy for lunch.” Culture is one of the most important business drivers that has to be intentionally set and periodically adjusted to push long-term, sustainable success. It's not good enough just to have an amazing product and a healthy bank balance. The workplace culture can enable a company's success, or be the key to its undoing. What about your company’s culture? Does it inspire and engage or get in your people’s way, slowing and wearing them down? Is it driven by top-down directives or cross-department collaboration? What stories do your people and your customers tell about you? This webinar will show how you can get a good read on the health of your culture.
Corporate culture is a hot topic among businesses who want to attract the best talent, translate their values to their products and services, and show customers what they're all about. There are significant benefits that come from a vibrant and impactful culture. They are:
- Focus and Spirit: Aligns the entire company towards achieving its vision, mission, and goals
- Engagement: Builds higher employee motivation, productivity, and innovative problem solving
- Cohesion: Builds consistency and coordination among the company’s various departments and divisions
Also, culture often becomes the focus of attention during periods of organizational change. Mergers and acquisitions, new systems implementations and elaborate initiatives typically fail because organizations become caught in the so-called "jaws of culture” - when the existing culture becomes inappropriate, and hinders rather than supports progress. This webinar will help you understand the power of culture, how it enhances or details change, and what you can do to make culture change work for you.
- Learn why Peter Drucker says: “Culture eats strategy for lunch.”
- Discover why culture is like an iceberg: What’s above and below the water line
- Identify and analyze the six key elements of culture in every business or organization
- Review twelve daily ways effective leaders can communicate and reinforce company culture
- Plan specific actions you will take to lead or influence changes in the culture of your organization
- Use a three-step process to pinpoint what drives the culture of your team, department or company
- Understand what successful leaders know and do that helps them avoid cultural traps and misfires
Who Should Attend
CEO’s, COO’s, VP of Human Resources, Chief Learning Officer, Directors, Project Managers, Operation Managers and Supervisors, Team Leaders, Staff Managers, and Supervisors.
- Speaker: MARCIA ZIDLE
- Webinar Code: MAZI-0019