Coaching at Work- Improving Employee Engagement and Performance
Don Phin has been an employment law attorney, business owner, workshop leader, and executive coach. After leaving his litigation career, he built HR That Works, which was used by 3,500 companies and sold to ThinkHR (now Mineral) in 2014 where he worked for two years as a VP. Today Don spends most of his time presenting, coaching, and on occasion, investigates workplace problems. Don lives in sunny Coronado, California.
This webinar has been approved for 1.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
For any further assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In this fast-moving presentation, HR, engagement, and coaching expert, Don Phin, will share with you strategies and tools to help you and your managers step up their engagement and performance management games by learning how to coach their direct reports.
Coaching helps for a myriad of reasons:
- The best managers and employees want to improve their ability to engage everyone from board members to the rank and file. They have a strong IQ and realize they need to build their EQ, Usually self-motivated.
- Sales executives that are looking to step up their game. Whether they are newbies or seasoned vets, there is always room for growth in sales!
- High performers who have caused problems. Could be a sexual harassment claim, discrimination claim, bullying, or unethical behavior. Their potential is worth the investment in coaching to see if they can straighten out.
- Plenty of managers are stressed out, stuck, and no fun to be around at work or home. Cracks are beginning to show, and the company is willing to invest in coaching to keep them functioning at a sustainable level.
Good coaching helps create:
- Clarity of career and life goals
- Career growth and fulfillment
- Financial success
- Great health
- Great relationships
Two of the most impactful workplace trends are employee engagement and coaching. Given the scarcity of employees and retention problems, the ability to control employees is dead.
- How to show up when you are coaching
- Separate the person from the system
- When to coach
- Where to coach
- How to coach
- Secrets to great listening
- Great questions to ask
- Actions speak louder than words
- Move from expectations to agreements
- How to know when somebody is uncoachable and much more.
Course Level - All
Who Should Attend
Why Should Attend
Difficulty attracting employees, difficulty engaging employees, remote employees, turnover, claims, brand damage. All are enormous challenges for every company today! Since we can’t “control” or “micro-manage” employees, nor do we really want to, best practices, engagement, and coaching are our only options!