Using Competencies to Get Breakthrough Results
Most organizations today are trying to get more work done at a lower cost. One way to do that is to focus on individual productivity differences. According to research, some people are much more productive than other people. In fact, top performers may get as much as TWENTY TIMES the work results of average performers. How do they do that? The answer has to do with competencies. Competencies describe individuals who get results. This webinar will review competency modeling and describe what competencies are, how to identify them, and how to use them.
- Defining competencies and describing how they are identified and used
- What are competencies?
- How are competencies better than job descriptions for pinpointing individual differences?
- How can the use of competencies lead to higher productivity and lower costs?
- How do competencies relate to talent?
- What are the best ways to identify competencies so as to find individual differences leading to productivity?
- How can competencies guide the entire HR system of an organization?
- Summarizing best practices in competency modeling
- What are the best practices?
- Why should your organization’s leaders care about best practices in competency modeling?
- What tool can help you compare your organization against global best practices in competency modeling?
- Questions and answers
Course Level - Intermediate
Who Should Attend
- HR Practitioners
- Trainers and Training Managers
- Operating Managers
Why Should You Attend
How productive is your organization over its competitors? Productivity differences result from differences in competencies. This session describes how to identify and use competencies to get breakthrough results.