Understanding & Analyzing Financial Statements
Duration : 90 Minutes
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds a MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high growth technology-based company. He has over 25 years of senior-level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting, and business management. Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of a major consulting firm. Carl is a member of the following organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants. An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points. Sessions are rich in content, lively, full of energy and include plenty of audience interaction. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity! His goal is to make finance and accounting relevant to non-financial professionals using tools and techniques
All non-financial professionals are challenged in today’s business environment to manage and ensure full and efficient utilization of limited resources to improve profits and productivity and achieve overall business success. This requires as a foundation the understanding & analysing of financial statements.
Financial transactions of a business are transformed through an accounting process to three key and required financial statements, they are:
- Balance Sheet which shows what the company owns minus what it owes and the resulting financial strength of the company
- Income Statement which indicates the comparison of revenue earned from providing goods and services less the costs or expenses used to provide the goods and services. This resulting comparison is called profit or surplus
- Cash Flow Statement which indicates the company’s sources and uses of funds
The ability to understand and analyze financial statements is key and relevant to making sound business decisions. One essential key is the understanding of the different terms, tools, and techniques used in the process of preparing these statements. Non-financial professionals find this a conflicting challenge and need a simple framework for understanding & analyzing these statements.
This webinar provides this simple platform and moves the many myths about accounting and financial statements to simple to understand and apply tools and techniques. Special emphasis is placed on an understanding of the various terms used. These financial statements are considered the language of business and the means and methods by which the financial health of the company is conveyed to the owners, managers, and stakeholders. This webinar will provide you with a good sound working knowledge of financial statements and substantially enhance your ability to use them in the management of resources, improving the profits and productivity of your company. I guarantee it! This webinar has been specifically prepared for the non-financial professional.
Common myths exist about finance & accounting as being complicated, all about science & mathematics. These myths are replaced with real meaning about finance & accounting in a simple to understand and apply tools and techniques related to the understanding & analyzing financial statements. Managers at all levels are required to master the skills associated using financial statements as the basis for business decisions. A working knowledge of the three required statements is essential to mastering this skill set.
- The basic framework used in the preparation of financial statements
- The basic components of each statement and their use in business decisions and resource management
- Simple understanding of finance & accounting
- Simple understanding of:
o Cash vs. accrual basis accounting
o Accounting concepts and building blocks
o Core components of financial statements
o Analyzing financial statements as the language of business
- Simple financial statement terminology
- Simple signs of business financial healthy
- Financial statement red flags, cautions, and concerns
- Relevant ratios to improve profits and productivity with attendee exercises and engagement
- Essence of ratios, trends, comparisons, and cash in all business analysis and decisions
- Review of five essential categories of ratios to measure impact of:
- Essential essence and utilization of:
o Working Capital
o Cash Management
o Free Cash Flow
Overall you will learn in simple to understand and apply tools and techniques how to understand and analyze financial statements. I guarantee it
Who Should Attend
- All Non-Financial Professionals interested and with the responsibility for resource management and budget responsibility.
- Financial Professionals who need a refresher in the basic tools and techniques of Understanding & Analyzing Financial Statements.
- Mid and Senior level managers
- Purchasing personnel
- Mergers & acquisitions professionals
- Speaker: CARL YOUNG
- Webinar Code: CARL-0002