The Making of Financial Statements : Accounting 101 Simplified
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds a MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high growth technology-based company. He has over 25 years of senior-level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting, and business management. Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of a major consulting firm.
Carl is a member of the following organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen& Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard &Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points. Sessions are rich in content, lively, full of energy and include plenty of audience interaction. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity! His goal is to make finance and accounting relevant to non-financial professionals using tools and techniques that are simple to understand and apply.
Carl’s entire working career has involved the administration of payroll to employees.
All business produce financial transactions. These transactions are transformed into three financial statements that indicate the financial results produced from these transactions. Results are expressed in the required statements: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow Statement. These statements provide the language that communicates the financial health of the company to its managers and stakeholders. The transformation process is called accounting and viewed by most non-financial professionals as a complicated scientific process that is difficult to comprehend. This webinar converts that myth to the real meaning and indicates how transactions are transformed into a financial statement in simple easy to understand and apply tools and techniques using interactive exercises and examples.
I guarantee you will be amazed and impressed at how simple it is to understand the process of transforming transactions into statements!
- Review of business/financial transactions
- Process for transforming to financial statements
- A simple overview of the transformation process
- Review of financial statements
- How financial transactions are transformed into required statements :
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Cash Flow Statement
- The basic framework of finance and accounting and basic concepts and principles used to transform transactions
- Components of each financial statement using sample statements
- Generic transactions in every company
- A simple comparison of business to personal financial statements
- Simple meaning of finance and accounting
- Simple meaning of cash vs. accrual accounting
- Simple explanation of debits and credits with actual exercises to illustrate their application in transforming transactions to statements
- Simple examples of accounts and how transactions are recorded using debits and credits with actual attendee exercises and sample transactions
- Simple explanation of double-entry accounting and why it is key to the process of accounting accuracy
Course Level - Beginner / Intermediate
- Business/financial transactions used in accounting
- Generic definitions
- Comparison of personal transactions
- How transactions are classified, recorded, summarized and reported using simple terms and interactive exercises
- Review of the completed financial statements
Who Should Attend
- Non- financial professionals interested in learning in a simple to understand and apply terms tools & techniques how financial transactions into financial statements
- Financial professionals that need a refresher
- Beginning non-financial professionals
- Intermediate non-financial professionals
- All financial professions seeking a refresher
Why Should Attend
- Destroy common myth that accounting is complicated
- Add useful meaning to the concept of accounting
- Learn useful concepts & tools easy to understand & apply
- Learn via simple interactive exercise how financial statements are made
- Grasp the entire concept of accounting 101 in 90 minutes
- Greatly enhance your knowledge of finance & accounting as a non-financial professional
- Enhance your ability to use financial statements with the increased knowledge of how they are created in simple tools & techniques