Ratios the Road to Improve Profits & Productivity
Duration : 90 Minutes
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds an MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high growth technology-based company. He has over 25 years of senior-level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting, and business management. Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of a major consulting firm. Carl is a member of the following organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants. An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points. Sessions are rich in content, lively, full of energy and include plenty of audience interaction. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity! His goal is to make finance and accounting relevant to non-financial professionals using tools and techniques
All business professionals need a good working knowledge of financial statements to include how they are created and how they can be used to make key business decisions. Business/financial transactions are transformed into financial statements through an accounting process.
Three required statements are produced:
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statement
The statements provide Results of business activity and not the Reasons. To understand the reasons, we must look at relevant ratios. These ratios are standard indications of business reasons and serve as the basis for key business decisions. They are derived from a combination of calculations of components of the financial statements to indicate a unique and universally accepted metric or measurement. We can glean relevant indications of the company’s success from these metrics. They become the “language” through which we understand business activity and we use them to help understand and analyze financial statements and also compare one company to another or one financial period to another.
This webinar provides an in-depth understanding of business and financial activity. It converts the results indicated on financial statements to the reasons needed to improve profits and productivity. They provide the windows into the company and reveal how best to understand and analyze business and financial activity and make relevant business decisions.
- How business/financial transactions are transformed into financial statements
- Key components of financial statements
- Simple blocks ad key concepts used in creating statements
- Simple meaning and relevance of accrual basis accounting
- Simple meaning and relevance of finance and accounting
- Key components of ratios used in financial statement analysis:
o Cash impact in all analysis
- The five major categories of relevant rations:
o Profitability to measure gross and net profit
o Efficiency to measure productivity and utilization of resources
o Liquidity to measure how well financial obligation is being met
o Solvency to measure debt encumbrances
o Cash- the key business success measurement
- The simple meaning of all ratio results and how to use them in making business decisions to improve profits and productivity
Why Should Attend
- The session includes many attendee activity and engagement
- Sample statements are provided and analyzed
- Attendees are required to do the actual computation of ratios from the sample statements and will engage in discussion of the value and worth of ratios and how to use them in making business decisions that involve both operations and forecasting
- Plenty of time and space for attendee Q & A
- Attendees will take away a simple and solid working knowledge of financial statements and how they can be used to make relevant business decisions. I guarantee it!
- Using relevant ratios as the language of business and the road to relevant business decisions
- Speaker: CARL YOUNG
- Webinar Code: CARL-0003