Proof It! How To Be a Better Proofreader
Date : 11 January 2019
Time : 01 : 00 PM EST
Duration : 60 Minutes
Mandi Stanley with more than 22 years’ experience on the seminar circuit, Certified Speaking Professional Mandi Stanley works primarily with business leaders who want to boost their professional image and with people who want to be better speakers and writers. She has traveled throughout North American entertaining and educating more than 50,000 seminar participants, totaling more than 5,000 platform hours.
In 2003, Mandi was designated a CSP, Certified Speaking Professional. Fewer than 9 percent of all worldwide speakers have earned this designation, and Mandi is the first Mississippian in history to receive this honor through the National Speakers Association.
She’s a summa cum laude graduate with concentrations in English, communication, and management, and served as a faculty member of AMAI, where she wrote and developed their one-day seminar How To Be a Better Proofreader. Mandi is the award-winning author of The No-Panic Plan for Presenters, which was named a Finalist in the Career category at the Independent Book Publishers Awards in New York.
Some of Mandi Stanley’s repeat proofreading training clients include:
- Campbell’s Soup
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- The United States Air Force Services Agency
- Duke Energy
- Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance
Audiences appreciate her platform enthusiasm, interactive style, and content-rich messages.
Any document, media piece, or email bearing your organization’s insignia or name must be absolutely error free. Even a careless mistake in an email can damage a leader’s reputation and can make an entire company look bad.
Proofreading is a skill anyone can learn and improve. Very few business professionals actually ever have been TAUGHT how to proofread. More and more employers are citing “attention to detail” as a quality they desire in new hires.
One week following this training, a participant from a CPA firm called to say:
“The straight edge just saved my life!”
She is a Compliance Supervisor and was revitalizing a formal document as part of a vendor agreement. She was about to present this multi-page document to the head of her department, but instead, she printed it and grabbed her straight edge first. In multiple places throughout the agreement, she had typed ‘sing’ instead of ‘sign’. She declared that she would have never caught that embarrassing mistake had it not been for the techniques acquired in PROOF IT! HOW TO BE A BETTER PROOFREADER.
- How to catch the bloopers—before the bloopers catch you!
- Why you never should proofread directly from your computer screen
- How to spot errors of omission
- How to proofread in a distracting office environment under tight deadlines
- The “Proofreader’s Power Pack”: Which tools and resources are indispensable to a proofreader
- The “Newspaper Proof”: A fail-safe three-step approach to proofreading
- How to make sure messages leave your office error free
Multi-industry benefits—everyone needs to know how to spot and correct typos and grammatical errors
Who Should Attend
Communication consultants, administrative professionals, public relations, consultants, marketing consultants, human resources officers, compliance specialists, copywriters, editors, anyone who oversees outgoing correspondence.
Why Should Attend
- You have ever forgotten an email attachment!
- You’ve had to resend that same email two minutes later with an “Oops, here it is” message
- You’ve ever sent out mass correspondence with a big typo and didn’t realize it until it was too late
- You make simple mistakes Spellcheck doesn’t catch such as typing “form” instead of “from” or “you” instead of “your”
- You’re so short on time you’ve begun to overlook errors of omission and other hard-to-catch mistakes
- You have a whopper of a proofreading blooper story of your own to tell!
- Speaker: MANDI STANLEY
- Webinar Code: MAST-0001