Preparing for a Successful Payroll Year-End and Beyond
Date : 14 December 2018
Time : 01 : 00 PM EST
Duration : 60 Minutes
Clarissia L Harris, CPP, is a payroll professional with over 20 years of experience in teaching and managing payroll. Her extensive work experience includes working with Science Application International Corporation, IBM Internet Security Systems, and KPMG.
Currently, Ms. Harris is a Payroll Manager for a large security exchange company in Atlanta, Georgia. She has taught payroll and accounting classes throughout the United States.
Clarissia received a B.A. in Human Resources with a concentration in Accounting and an MBA in management.
This webinar has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This practical webinar will assist you in reviewing the taxation and reporting requirements for special earnings, taxable benefits, expatriate income, imputed income, and restricted stock units. Upon completion of this webinar, you will be able to utilize the tools provided to prepare for a successful Year-End.
Do you have an effective payroll checklist that will guarantee a successful year-end? Having a thorough year-end plan will ensure that all key elements of your payroll process have been identified and reported correctly to avoid IRS and State penalties.
- The importance of performing a quarterly and yearly reconciliation of employee wages
- What changed this year regarding Tax Cuts & Job Acts
- Compliance tool for the New W4
- The importance of developing an earnings and deductions matrix report
- Efficient methods for last-minute payroll updates (2018)
- Taxation and reporting requirements for taxable earnings and taxable benefits and decreased wages
- Why the IRS thoroughly reviews Box 12 codes on the W-2 form
- The importance of performing a full reconciliation of employees’ pre-tax deductions for HSA, FSA, and 401(k) plans
- Who is responsible for reporting requirements for Third-Party Sick Pay
- Truncated taxpayer identification numbers on Form W-2
- The purpose of the W-2 form verification code
- W-2 reporting requirements for Mergers and Acquisitions
- When and why a W-2c is considered, and the reporting requirements.
- Due dates for payroll returns
- New rates and limits for 2019
Course Level - Human Resource and Payroll Professionals, Accountants and Tax accountants
Who Should Attend
Payroll Professionals, Accountants, Tax Accountants, Payroll Services Provider
- Speaker: CLARISSIA L. HARRIS
- Webinar Code: CLAR-0003