Persuasion and Influencing Skills for Leaders
- Born in Germany
- Joined Air Force and reached the staff office level (O5) as a jet aviator for the German Air Force as well as an exchange officer with the US Air Force F-111. Retired from a 22-year career
- I came to the US 25 years ago for the USAF exchange
- Recruited by a software company after retirement and build a team of 11 direct reports with a 40% revenue impact.
- In 2005 started my own consulting company AMC LLC. We offer:
o Strategy development consulting
o International tech transfer program/project management support
o Employee and leadership skill development programs (custom developed as well as client provided), including coaching and mentoring packages for upper-level managers and leaders, including C-suite.
o Organizational change and L&D requirements support (starting with assessments all the way to full implementation of change programs or learning initiatives)
- Clients we serve include:
o Eaton Corporation (Office 365 roll-our change project)
o Genentech (Global eLearning development program)
o Bayer AG (International Capacity Expansion project US - Germany)
o Pacira Pharmaceuticals (Internal project moving manufacturing to the UK)
o Merck Pharma (Developing new strategy for regulatory submissions to FDA)
o Multiple associations and organizations like AMA, TTA, Steven Covey, etc. for delivery of online and in-0person workshops for topics about leadership and communications.
Master’s degree in Organizational Management Ph.D. in Leadership & Org change
- Rutgers University Advisory Board member 2018/2019
- Facilitator/Faculty: “Voice of Leadership” & “Advanced Executive Leadership” – AMA (American Management Association)
- Certified Knowledge Management expert – KMCI (Knowledge Management Consortium International
- Certified Competent Communicator – TM International
- Certificate of Master Coaching – Fowler-Wainwright Institute of professional Coaching
- Certified Performance IQ coach- Global Performance Technologies GPT3
- Certificate of “How to be a better trainer” – Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
- Certified as a facilitator for CISCO internal consultant communication program
- Certified facilitator/trainer for The Learning Factor in support of ANZ Bank
- Certified 360 Assessment facilitator for Sum-Total systems used by J&J FLL2 managers & leaders
- Certified Talent development champion (Take Charge of your Talent Inc.)
- Designer/inventor of “Innovation Mapping” interactive learning method
- Certified in N.E.W.S Team development model (Facilitated Training, Org transformation, Executive Coaching)
Influence has a strongly positive impact on the success of any executive. This may be particularly true for leaders who, for example, have many different groups reporting to them. Remember, leadership is the art of getting work done well through other people. And influence is the most powerful way to do that. By the same token, influence is also crucial when you work with a division over which you have no direct authority, yet their work is necessary to your own success. You can't order them to do what you want, you must persuade or inspire them to put forth their best efforts toward the clear objective you have defined. You will have 10 practical, executable strategies you can take away and apply them to your leadership.
- Do you sometimes feel that people don’t understand what you want from them?
- Do you wish you could influence your team members in such a way that they feel understood and eagerly attack the tasks at hand?
- Do you suspect that you have only one or two approaches you use to influence people?
- Are you frequently baffled when the work result you receive looks nothing like what you expected?
- Do you sometimes feel like your team members and direct reports are not really reacting the way you were hoping or appear demotivated?
- If you can say yes to some of these questions or have a few additional thoughts pop in your mind, you should attend this webinar and get practical solutions that will help you to answer “NO” to these questions in the future.
- 10 Strategies to influence your team
- 3 core aspects to always are aware off – that’s how people see you
- Learn how to use:
o People awareness
o Engage & Empower
o Results orientation
o Org goals
o Corporate vision
o Data and facts
o Time management
- As techniques to influence your peers, boss, and your team members
Course Level - Intermediate
Who Should Attend
- Leaders & Managers who struggle to get thru to their people
- Leaders & Managers who want to improve their influencing skills
- Emerging and existing leaders who look for practical methods and tools to improve themselves in their role as a leader