Payroll Rules & Administration Made Simple
Duration : 90 Minutes
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds an MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high growth technology-based company. He has over 25 years of senior-level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting, and business management. Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of a major consulting firm. Carl is a member of the following organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poor's), and the National Association of Accountants. An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points. Sessions are rich in content, lively, full of energy and include plenty of audience interaction. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity! His goal is to make finance and accounting relevant to non-financial professionals using tools and techniques that are simple to understand and apply.
Carl’s entire working career has involved the administration of payroll to employees.
This webinar covers the complete context of payroll rules and administration made simple. It starts with the basic classification of workers properly classified as Contractors or Workers. Rules for Payment and administration of Contractors is outlined. Rules for workers classified as “Exempt” or “non-exempt” based on FLSA. Rules for payments to exempt and non-exempt employees are examined. Overtime rules are outlined for non-exempt employees in addition to record keeping & reporting for all employees.
Webinar stresses that payroll administration is only accepted if perfect. Achieving perfection in payroll processing is the overall theme of this webinar.
Payroll is the most important aspect of any business. It leads to employee morale. It must be perfect and comply with all the rules. This webinar examines all the payroll rules of the FLSA and how to implement them to achieve perfection. It is a simple approach to payroll rules and administration an guaranteed to give attendees a good working knowledge of payroll rules & administration in a simple to understand and apply tools & techniques.
- Proper classification of workers as contractors or employees
- Proper classification of employees as exempt or non-exempt under new rules
- Importance of job description in an implementation of new rules
- Proper implementation of FLSA rules
- Proper payment of exempt and non-exempt under FLSA rules
- Achieving perfection and prevention consistent with the implementation of FLSA rules The overall goal of perfection and prevention in payroll administration
- Identifying workers as contractors vs. employees
- Identifying employees as exempt from overtime using FLSA rules in the categories of
- Salary and duties test under FLSA for exempt employees
- The value of the job description and its proper preparation
- Consideration of record keeping, accounting & reporting, policies & procedures
- Proper payment to newly classified exempt and those that by default fall to the non-exempt category
- How to handle non-discretionary bonuses consistent with paying overtime and the new overtime rules
- Achieving perfection & prevention in payroll consistent with new rules
Who Should Attend
- HR Personnel
- PR Personnel
- Planning & Budgeting Professionals
- All positions involved in personnel or payroll administration and the supervision of personnel
- Speaker: CARL YOUNG
- Webinar Code: CARL-0004