Payroll Direct Deposit and Laws
Clarissia L. Harris, CPP, MBA is a payroll professional with 25 years of experience in both teaching and managing payroll. She has taught several Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) training courses throughout the United States. Her extensive work experience includes Georgia State University, Science Application International Corporation, KPMG, and IBM Internet Security Company.
Currently, she is a Payroll Manager for a large Financial Company in Atlanta Georgia. Also presently, she is a payroll instructor at a local university in Atlanta. Clarissa has also received several Merit of Citation awards from the American Payroll Association.
In order to increase the direct deposit participation, the payroll and accounts payable department must develop a method that will influence and educate non-participants to enroll in the direct deposit program. The goal is to establish key components to ensure employees participation increase to 100%.
This interactive 60-minute webinar, presented by payroll consultant Clarissia Harris, covers the why's, how's, and regulatory issues with the Electronic payment method process. Clarissia will provide key points about the direct deposits process, reversals, same- day- settlements and certain payment types that are not eligible for the same day ACH processing.
- Identify and establish the legal framework connected to Direct Deposit via ACH
- Develop and implement a Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery plan
- Implement the best practice approach in handling Credit and Debit Returns and notifications.
- Understanding the Electronic Federal Payroll Tax payments
- Federal and State Laws and Regulations
- How to promote direct deposit and aim for 100% participation
Who Should Attend
- Payroll Department
- Accounting Department
- HR Department
- Small to Medium Sized Business Owners
- Payroll Apprentices
- Startup Entrepreneurs
- Understanding the Direct Deposit Process
- Several phases associated with the implementation process
- Cost Savings direct deposit or Pay Cards