Meeting Facilitation Skills For Managers
Karla Brandau is a leading authority on time management and team productivity in the workplace. With over 25 years of teaching and coaching time management and over 15 years of specializing in Microsoft Outlook training, she specializes in combining the power of time management with the technology tool of Microsoft Outlook to help individuals “get it all done” in less time. She is the CEO of Workplace Power Institute (www.WorkplacePower.com) and has educated managers with her proven time management and Microsoft Outlook productivity systems in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, and BYD America.
Karla’s time management with Microsoft Outlook workbook, “Have More Day at the End of Your Day”, is a valuable guide for anyone wanting to know how to use the power of technology to leave work on time. She is the author of “101 Time Management Tips for Busy Professionals,” writes a monthly informational newsletter, maintains a blog, and has authored many articles for digital information sites and magazines.
Most people consider meetings the bane of their existence – pulling them away from meaningful work. They make sure they have their phone to check email, texts, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or even shipping dates on Amazon.
This webinar helps you facilitate meetings that matter. With this instruction, you will avoid meetings can are considered a total waste of time. Your meetings will have a clear purpose not, “We’re having a meeting because we always meet on Monday morning.”
They will be properly planned and executed with purpose and energy, focused on needs, objectives, and solutions.
You’ll learn not only to manage the logistics of the meeting but how to facilitate opinions, surface the truth about issues, and bring opposing viewpoints together for solid decisions. Plus, you’ll get tips facilitation tips for starting the meeting, assigning roles, handling sticky situations when personalities begin pushing personal agendas or trying to dominate the conversation.
If you are serious about getting results every time you hold a meeting, this is a “must-attend” webinar. You’ll produce an effective meeting that is not one minute longer than it needs to be, releasing attendees to get back to critical task production and fulfilling assignments made in the meeting.
The most important skill for an effective 21st-century manager is the ability to facilitate effective meetings. The objectives of this webinar are to:
- Review the requirements for a successful meeting
- Gain a clear definition of the role of a facilitator in meetings
- Discover how facilitation skills foster teamwork and build morale
- Learn how to use core facilitation tools and techniques.
- Develop skills to handle conflict in the meeting
- Be able to overcome resistance and build buy-in to goals and objectives
Meetings present a dichotomy: they are essential to group work yet many attendees rate them as ineffective and a waste of time. Attend this webinar and never get a low score on your meeting again.
We will discuss how to:
- Get all meeting attendees to participate
- Have meeting participants prepared to present
- Start and end on time
- Produce meetings attendees find effective
After attending this live webinar you will be able to:
- Determine the What and WHY for any proposed meeting
- Write an agenda that captures the needs of the group
- Handle all the logistics for the meeting
- Conduct a productive meeting
- Improve the process of how the meeting flows
- Ensure results at the end of the meeting
- Make a plan for the follow up on assignments
- Close the meeting effectively