Mastering the Export Administration Regulations
Jo-Anne Daniels is the President of Trade Resources & Associates, a firm of experts in cross-border transactions, global trade and logistics matters. Ms. Daniels is an experienced seminar and webinar speaker, corporate trainer and published authority on trade compliance and logistics, her career spans over 25 years in international trade, logistics, and transportation employed with multinational corporations, transportation carriers, freight forwarders, and airlines. She has held senior management roles at multinational companies building and maintaining solid export and import compliance programs, driving the hiring and managing of carriers, customs brokers and freight forwarders.
Participants will learn the basics of the Export Administration Regulations, the mechanics of export classification and apply the rules to their products. They will understand that there is more to exporting than just shipping a freight container across a border into another country. The webinar will explain what an export is and what procedures must be implemented and followed in order for their company to comply with the Export Administration Regulations. The participants should be able to return to their office and enhance their export compliance program or develop and roll out a new one. The webinar will help the participants feel more confident with exporting and how to communicate the importance of complying with the EAR.
- What is an export
- Why do US exports controls exist
- Why should a company care about export controls?
- What are trade embargoes
- What is export Red Flags?
- How to read and interpret the Commerce Control List (CCL)and choose your product’s correct Export Control Classification Number (ECCN)
- Learn how to build an effective Export Screening program
- Understand what Export Documentation and Export Clearance requirements
- Understand when an export license or authorizations is required to sell into countries based upon your product and its ECCN
- Learn the basics of export recordkeeping
- Learn the consequence of violating the EAR regulations?
Course Level - Basic
Who Should Attend
Logistics, Shipping, Import/Export, Supply Chain Management, Sales, Order Administration, Operations
Why Should Attend
This webinar is designed to provide a basic understanding of the fundamentals of US export control rules and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and how to ensure your company does not violate them.