Managing Risks of B2B Payments
Date : 05 February 2019
Time : 01 : 00 PM EST
Duration : 60 Minutes
Rayleen is the founder and owner of RP Payments Risk Consulting Services, LLC. based in Missouri. She is a nationally recognized payments risk and fraud expert who offers specialized consulting services, procedural and risk management reviews, and payments education. Rayleen’s specialized skill is delving into the world beyond the payment rules; areas where organizations often find themselves in positions of liability or loss with little to no clear guidance. She is an Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) who has worked with all payment systems for nearly 20 years. Rayleen also holds a Bachelor’s of Science in Criminal Justice Administration.
Rayleen’s educational programs provide real-world, actionable information for financial institutions and businesses on topics ranging from payments risk management to information security. She authors payments risk and fraud blogs geared toward helping organizations recognize threats and protect themselves from loss.
Always interested in risk management, Rayleen has supported many notable organizations over the years. She is currently a member of the International Association of Financial Crimes Investigators, supporting their training programs since 1998. She sat on NACHA’s Risk Management Advisory Group (RMAG) for two terms, and assisted with FSISAC’s first CAPP exercise.
Rayleen has had the honor of presenting programs to such notable groups as
- The 2015 NACHA Payments Conference – New Orleans
- The Institute of Criminal Justice Studies - Alabama
- The Kentucky Credit Union League Volunteers Conference – French Lick, IN
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Risk Management Conference - KCMO
- The Security Matters Information Security Conference – Murray State University
- The American Bankers Association Risk Management Forum – St. Louis, MO
- The Risk Management Association (RMA) – KC Chapter Forum
- Johnson County Community College (guest lecturer) Criminal Justice Administration Studies – Overland Park, KSA
Business to Business (B2B) arrangements are unique and governed by different Rules and laws than consumer payments. As such, a business originating or receiving business ACH payments can put themselves in a position of undue risk of loss if they don’t manage these payments appropriately.
In this session, we’ll explore these payments from both an origination perspective (i.e. your business is sending payments to other businesses) and receipt (i.e. your business receives ACH payments for goods and services), isolate benefits and risks, discuss various options including Credit Push vs. Debit, and analyze critical authorization provisions. We’ll also investigate sound business practices to successfully managing business to business ACH payments.
- Review a B2B ACH transaction
- Identify risks and exposure
- Locate related ACH Rules and laws that govern B2B payments
- Document risk management strategies and best practices
Who Should Attend
Any business who uses, or plans to use, the ACH Network to process or receive payments for goods/services. Also appropriate for businesses who manage payments for other businesses, such as CPA firms.
- B2B transaction flows, both origination and receipt, illustrated with common examples
- Appropriate definitions and terminology
- ACH Rules and laws that govern B2B payments
- B2B Authorizations
- Relationship risk management practices
- Risk management practices (origination and receipt)
- Speaker: RAYLEEN M. PIRNIE
- Webinar Code: RAPI-0009