Managing Difficult Employees and Tough Situations
Audrey Halpern is a soft skills training facilitator consultant with 20+ years of experience. Audrey is currently a faculty member of the American Management Association where she trains communication skills.
This webinar has been approved for 1.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
For any further assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When difficult employee behavior is not addressed properly, other employees become resentful, they lose respect for your organization’s leaders, and they start modeling the difficult employee’s behavior. Employee morale decreases and your organization’s results and culture suffer. This webinar provides practical strategies for dealing with difficult people and situations in the workplace. The strategies that are covered in this webinar should offer a path to confidently address difficult employees before the situation gets out of hand.
Difficult employees make the workplace miserable for everybody.
Sometimes confronting them causes more problems and sometimes ignores those sounds like a better plan. Unfortunately, dealing with difficult employees is an unavoidable part of any manager’s job, and it’s best to address the matter sooner rather than later. This webinar covers essential skills every supervisor and manager must know to deal with difficult employees, to prevent challenging situations, and to create a
culture of mutual respect and understanding.
- Define and discuss different personality types
- Consider differences in work styles and generational approaches
- Use assertiveness and negotiation rather than emotion
- Become familiar with the personalities of people you find difficult and how to interact more effectively
- Learn why certain people push your buttons
- Understand and recognize the key themes that make conversations difficult
- Learn to prepare effectively for a difficult conversation
- Confront someone calmly and respectfully
- Avoid common (but critical) mistakes
- Become a better listener
- Overcome the fears that lead you to avoid conversations
- Know when and how to end a difficult conversation
- Promote joint problem-solving around a difficult issue
- Deal with a variety of difficult people with more skill and confidence
Course Level - Intermediate
Who Should Attend
- Team Leaders