Leaders Who Win: 7 Strategies for CEO Success You Need Now
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D., and President of Advantage Leadership, Inc. work with leaders and their organizations to Increase your bottom-line results through strategic leadership, engaged employees, and delighted customers in all economic sectors. Draw on her proven ability to mentor you through a major change, customizing successful solutions to your complex issues. For over 25 years, Rebecca has contributed value as an executive, manager, educator, and consultant, honored on four continents. She is a Ph.D. in organizational development, a National Speakers Association Legacy Professional Member, and St. Petersburg Engineering Academy Foreign Member and author of books on strategic leadership and planning.
This webinar has been approved for 1.50 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
For any further assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many "models" and "theories" of leadership. At the heart of all leadership lie the ability to set direction and inspire and encourage people to go in that direction. Each leader must find his or her own authentic voice and self to do this. Many of the leaders I interviewed, who form the basis for the case studies in this webinar, have studied great leaders from history and have had great mentors, who help shape their styles. Leaders have drive, ambition, humility, and stamina. They execute long-term strategies while remaining flexible in their short-term tactics to further progress. Leadership is not for the faint-of-heart. Leadership is for those with a strong heart. You will learn from experienced leaders and their successful approaches summed up in these key areas.
- Strategy = Sustainability; Execution beats strategy every time
- Mission ain't wishin'
- See your values walking down the hall
- Wanna' lead change? Communicate, Communicate, Communicate
- When you mess up, fess up
- Get on the same side of the wall to solve problems
- Expect the unexpected
Folks like to argue about whether leaders are born or made. This is a false choice. Yes, the combo of your DNA and experience contribute to your success as a leader. Leadership is also self-conscious. Successful leaders never stop learning and growing, acquiring new skills, honing talents, and looking for ways to harness all their traits to make a positive difference for their organizations. Leaders are humans who never forget they can be wrong, make mistakes, and take the wrong path. Leaders differentiate themselves by the way they learn from every situation, adversity, or opportunity.
- Setting direction: vision, mission, strategic planning, and implementation
- Mission drives daily action and decision making; Converting goals into results
- Internalizing values individually and as a team to drive the numbers
- Communicating up, down, sideways, internally, externally; Your consistent message drives change
- Leaders admit to mistakes immediately, take responsibility, and lead correction
- Build a team to use conflict constructively and courageously to solve problems and end the blame game
- Forget firefighting mode. Plan for risk – prevent or contingency plan; develop strategy and action plan to lead through unexpected events, crises, and unforeseen risks
Course Level - Intermediate-Advanced
Who Should Attend
- Managers and Supervisors at every level
- Aspiring Leaders
Why Should You Attend
Leading any organization is fraught with peril from internal and external sources. You are under enormous pressure and the direction, success, and survival of your organization rest on your shoulders. People look to you for leadership and challenge your leadership. If you thrive in this environment if you are driven to bring your organization to greater success, if you believe this takes an entire team pulling in the same direction, you have the essential starting ingredients for successful leadership. This program provides case studies of successful leaders in many different fields, whose track records demonstrate the leadership essentials you want to hone. If you are committed to continuous growth, self-examination, and creating a positive environment for your team and organization, you are ready to make these lessons part of your own vision, mission, and values.