Keys to Captivating an Audience: Informing and Inspiring through Conflict and Compassion, Courage and Creativity
Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, "The Stress Doc" ™, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, is an acclaimed keynote speaker, webinar presenter, and "Motivational Psychohumorist” known for his Get FIT – FUN-Interactive-Thought-provoking – programs for both government agencies and major corporations. In conjunction with Legal Estrin Staffing and Ijona Skills Academy, the Doc has led Stress Resilience/COVID-19 Webinars and an HR/Legal/Manager Support Groups, and continues to lead Stress & Team Resilience, Anger/Conflict Management, Diversity/Inclusion, and Team Building programs. Mark is also a part-time Psychotherapist for the Washington, DC mental health clinic, Inner City Family Services. He has been a Stress/ Critical Incident Consultant for the Nepali Community and government agencies in the BWI area. He has run numerous Stress Resilience & Team Building Leadership Retreats for the US Army. Mark is definitely battle-tested as a former Stress and Violence Prevention Consultant for the US Postal Service. The Doc is the author of Practice Safe Stress, The Four Faces of Anger, and Preserving Human Touch in a Hi-Tech World. See his award-winning, USA Today Online "HotSite" – www.stressdoc.com – called a "workplace resource" by National Public Radio (NPR).
In a TNT–Time-Numbers-Technology – Driven and Distracted World, getting and holding people’s attention is critical. Capturing your audience is necessary, but still not sufficient. As noted by a diversity consultant and the program coordinator for the human resources of palm beach county, FL (the local SHRM affiliate: The Stress Doc™) has a way of captivating the audience and makes them want to hear more a must hear! The doc’s how to blend of fun and mind-expanding concepts and dynamic small-large group exercises is for anyone that wants to be a more compelling and connecting leader-communicator. Consider three captivating keys/questions:
- Are you exploring, developing, and bringing your best “Energy, Experience, and Expertise”?
- Are you “Being Heard or Just Making Noise”
- Are you building collaborative relationships enabling you to maximize diversity, productivity, and creativity?
Discover the stress doc’s “New KISS and Memorable MISS” and other attention-grabbing, conflict-reducing, and thought-provoking tools, Grasp and bring to life the doc’s passion power: model and method including the higher power of humor, become a more captivating communicator: build more productive, stronger interacting, and coordinating teams.
- Quickly capture an audience through the stress doc’s new KISS:“Keep It Short and Smart” and memorable MISS:Sassy and Surprising”; “Less is more (more or less)” and “stand out don’t just be outstanding”
- Through a playfully “out-rage-ous” exercise, learn to disarm conflict by and asking “good questions” while “building trust”
- Learn to bring to life concepts through get real and get FIT – Fun-Interactive-Thought-provoking – exercises
- Grasp the five “A”s of arousing, connecting and energizing (ACE) communication: attention-anticipation-animation-activation-actualization
- Discover and discuss, then bring to life through storytelling the stress doc’s acclaimed “Five ‘P’ Passion Power Model” – being purposeful-provocative-passionate-playful-philosophical
- Gain participatory, “Helmet’s Off” structures, skills, and strategies for making your teams more “Inclusive, Involving and Inspired”
Who Should Attend
This webinar is for anyone who wants to be a more engaging and effective high-impact communicator in any professional and personal arena. The webinar will outline the four key components to designing, developing, and delivering engaging and effective, “one of a kind” programs that reflect your singular perspective. Also, for the professional who wants to be a role model and inspiring example for others.
Why Should You Attend
In today’s digitally distracted world, all employees, especially leaders, need to be able to both compel but also captivate an audience. Not only to capture attention, but also to sustain active involvement and engagement. The Stress Doc's provides tools and techniques as well as hands on exercises that will help transform a group into an IC (2) – Individual creativity and interactive community team.