Successfully Negotiating The Labor Agreement
Gerry McLaughlin , Ms. IR, is the author of “Negotiating The Labor Agreement” His experience covers 40 years of successfully negotiating over 500+ labor contracts in varied industries as Executive Director and Vice President for Fortune 100 Companies, and in areas, such as, but not limited to, Manufacturing, Distribution, Telecom, Retail, Healthcare & Senior Care, Food services, Housekeeping & Facilities.
He has negotiated with over 20 National and Local Unions, trained 1000’s of Managers in “Managing a Union Workplace”, ,”Negotiating A Labor Agreement” Collective Bargaining as well as Union Avoidance and Employee Relations issues.
He knows and fully understands
- How to build and maintain successful relationships with Union Leaders locally and nationally
- Maintain and/or Develop existing Managements Rights to ensure the unfettered Right “to run your business” Ensuring successful Workplace policies
- Develop and/or protect consistent Contract language, review and achieve Healthcare savings from existing Indemnity Plans to HMO’s & PPO Plans He consistently ensures that clients expectations are met, if not exceeded
This Webinar is intended to outline the concepts of successful negotiation highlighted by learning the preparation, The Tactics, The methods of getting an Agreement, Effective Clausing, and how to cost out your Agreement. We will address the needs of the Employer and the Union building the Relationship upon which this Agreement will stand for years to come.
- Selecting the right negotiations team, understand the union team. Preparation to negotiate, learn how to listen, understand the tactics & techniques of negotiation, learn the do's & don'ts of negotiation.
- Find out what the union's priorities are? Develop time-tested strategies for negotiations. Utilize effective clausing, obligations of the offer-counteroffer process? When to use employer pressure tactics, learn the ways to say no, create movement at the table. Develop the final package.
- How to be successful with the tool to prepare for a strike? Are you engaging in side meetings? What to do in the event your union fails to get ratification of the agreement? How to deal with work stoppages. When to consider using a mediator?
Course Level - Basic to Intermediate
Who Should Attend
- Vice Presidents
- HR or Operations
- This webinar is a "must-attend" for anyone with a current or future bargaining unit responsibility
Why Should You Attend
We will discuss Preparing to negotiate, Successful Tactics, and techniques. The Art of Listening, getting the process moving at the table, you will learn the way to write effective clausing and how to cost out your labor Agreement. You will learn the use of Employer Pressure tactics and how to handle Union Pressure tactics to come to an agreement. You will understand how to NOT bargain against yourself but move the process towards an agreement.