Hot Issues in Multi-State and Internet Sales Tax
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a one billion dollar real estate development company. Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,000 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. He has over 35 years of practical experience in strategic planning, analysis, and reporting. He is the author of several useful reporting and tax tools available at www.soxpolicies.com and www.salestaxadvisors.com. His clients include Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, US Marine Corps, and the US Army. Please visit his websites to see how you can further benefit from his expertise.
Gain valuable insight into the complex issues of interstate sales and the obligations of out-of-state (foreign) sellers to collect the destination state’s taxes.
Get up-to-date information about the retailing giants and their fights with the various states. Take a ring-side seat with an expert who will share the anticipated outcomes.
In just ninety minutes you will gain the following insights:
- What the states are doing to cast a wider net; how they intend to, eventually, get all foreign businesses to register and collect their taxes
- SCOTUS Decision in the Wayfair v South Dakota case
- Perform a SWOT analysis of your company regarding sales and use tax knowledge and risk exposure
- Get proactive,Lobby your government leaders on this subject
- Where the mega retailers stand in their fights to avoid universal sales and use tax nexus and why their fight is your fight
- Stay connected, Always be aware of the state’s moves, Stay ahead of the states by planning for their success while defending your preferences
- Where to begin if your company is delinquent in registering, collecting and remitting other states’ sales and use taxes
- Learn how to work out “Offers in compromise” or “Voluntary Disclosures” before the state finds you
Who Should Attend
- Tax Managers
- Accounting Managers
- IT Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Risk Managers
Why Should You Attend
Will I owe taxes in more than one state for the same sale? Must I charge tax on my internet sales? Why is my drop shipper charging me tax? Why did I receive a NEXUS Questionnaire and what if I don’t respond to it?
Learn the nexus triggers and the risks of not registering. Handle state nexus questionnaires with ease. Take the best corrective action when you discover you are out of compliance.
States are tense. They need more revenue. Millions of dollars of internet sales occur daily without tax. The states want their money. In just 90 minutes, learn the different ways your company triggers nexus on itself and what it must do to comply with state regulations.