Excel - Power Pivot – Pivot Tables For 21st Century Data Analysis
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. In 2012 Mike founded excel trainer.co.uk where he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He has recorded several Excel training courses for plural sight.com and in his career delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a wide variety of technology-related topics. Mike is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.
Power Pivot removes many of the limitations and frustrations that users find with creating Pivot Tables in Excel. For example, using Power Pivot you can.
- Create Pivot Tables from multiple lists/tables without the need to combine them into a single list first (goodbye LOOKUP and all the issues that it brings)
- Create Pivot Tables from large datasets without worrying about file size, performance or needing more rows than an Excel worksheet contains
- Create Pivot Tables from multiple data sources (Excel, database, text file etc)
- Create powerful calculations on the data in your Pivot Tables and more
- Importing data into Power Pivot - the why and how
- The importance of understanding The Data Model
- Creating a Pivot Table from related Excel tables
- Creating a Pivot Table from related data sources (including external sources)
- An introduction DAX: Calculated Columns and Measures
In this training, you will learn, using practical examples, how Power Pivot provides Business Intelligence and reporting functionality within the familiar environment of Excel to provide you with better business insights and enable you to make more informed business decisions.
Course Level - Intermediate
Why Should Attend
Your data is only as good as the information you can derive from it. Power Pivot enables you to gain better business insights and make more informed business decisions. If you want to take your reporting capabilities to the next level by learning how to leverage the functionality of Power Pivot, this is a must-attend training session!