Construction Cost Estimating Using RS Means Database and Online Estimating
Saleh Mubarak, Ph.D.
- Construction project management professional, professor, consultant, author, public speaker, and trainer
- Ph.D. in civil engineering from Clemson University, USA, specialized in Construction Project Management
- Experience: 30+years, diversified:
o Industrial: private and public sectors, in the U.S. and internationally. Positions occupied include project engineer/manager, cost estimator, planner/scheduler, project controls manager, cost manager, training manager
o Academic: faculty member/professor, head of a department
- Extensive experience in continuing education and professional training around the world. Topics are mainly planning & scheduling cost estimating, project controls. Topics also include soft skills and their integration with project management
- Author of:
o Construction Project Scheduling and Control (currently 3rd edition, 4th edition is coming soon)
o How to Estimate with Means Data: Basic Skills for Building Construction (currently 4th edition, 5th edition is coming soon)
o Many articles; technical and other
- Many presentations in professional conferences such as PMI, AACEInternational. The public speaker in many local, regional, and international events
- An authority on project planning, scheduling, and project control
- An advocate of holistic healthy living
Construction cost estimating is the single most important task in the construction industry. In fact, it is the foundation of many other most other project construction management functions. This seminar will briefly go over the estimating process and then cover the RS Means Building Construction Cost Database (BCCD) and how it is being used with the RSMeans online estimating. The seminar will cover the item, assembly, and model estimating. It includes adjustments needed for location and other factors. It also goes over some overhead costs such as bonds, insurance, and fees. There will be illustrative examples.
- A quick review of construction cost estimating concepts
- Coverage of the RS Means Building Construction Cost Database (BCCD)
- Item estimating, direct and total cost, using the print book
- The RS Means online estimating system
- Item estimating using RS Means online estimating
- Estimating adjustments
- Examples of assembly estimating
- Examples of model estimating
- General tips on using RS Means online estimating
Course Level - Intermediate
Who Should Attend
Architects, engineers (of all disciplines), contractors, subcontractors, project managers, cost estimators, schedulers, project management team members, owners, attorneys/lawyers
Why Should You Attend
This webinar offers great benefits to construction and construction management professionals as it offers highlights of the cost estimating using the RS Means database and online system. The seminar includes valuable tips for everyone involved in the building construction industry: owners, designers (architects and engineers), contractors, subcontractors, and the entire construction project management team.
Cost estimating is probably the most important task in construction. Methods and tools for quantity and cost estimating have gone a long way in the past few decades. The RS Means company has been publishing construction databases for decades. It has also created several cost estimating software programs; for items, assemblies, and models. This seminar sheds some light on the RS Means Building Construction Cost Database (BCCD) along with RSMeans online estimating.