Confrontational Conversations: Ouch! Aggression! And Compsure!
Rhonda Scharf CSP, HoF, GSF
Insightful … humorous … entertaining … even contagious … words that are often used to describe Rhonda Scharf. A speaker with the uncanny ability to look at the normal and see something quite different.
Rhonda will share some things she has learned to help you thrive in your work environment, emerging at the end of the day with a smile and a sense of accomplishment. Audiences far and wide sing her praises for her relevant and useful tips on administration, communication, and workplace effectiveness!
Rhonda is an author, speaker, trainer, and grandmother! She has earned her Certified Speaking Professional (less than 7% of all speakers worldwide have earned this designation), is a member of the Canadian Speaking Hall of Fame and is one of only 35 speakers worldwide who have earned their Global Speaking Fellow (meaning she truly has an international business), and been awarded the Spirit of CAPS award. She is the ONLY speaker in the entire world who has earned all four awards. Her peers consider Rhonda a leader in the speaking industry! Her natural warmth and sincerity are balanced by a healthy sense of the absurd, a combination that is useful in any situation.
Rhonda’s professional speaking career began at age two… when her mother would offer her 25 cents to be quiet for five minutes!
Control, Confidence & Composure in the most highly charged situations! Learning to confront someone can be done easily and quickly! No more panic, no more holding back from saying what you want to say. Learn professional confrontation skills that will allow you to maintain control, confidence, and composure!
If you are like most people when a situation requires you to say something, you either lash out in anger or say the wrong thing. Do you ever walk away and say “I wish I had said ….”?
Those days are over. Confrontation Skills can be learned, practiced, and mastered.
- What to say, how to say it, when to say it, all the while being in complete control of yourself
- Keep your confidence high! Don’t let them bully you into submission
- Keep your emotions in check. Tips to avoid crying, screaming, and blanking out
- Prepare yourself to say what you should say (and take the professional path, not the emotional one)
- How to give feedback in stressful situations
- Learn to keep your cool at the same time as confronting someone!
- Learn powerful strategies and techniques for dealing with those confrontations you’ve been avoiding! Reduce your stress, increase your effectiveness, and repair the relationships damaged by the conflict. We’ll discuss how to handle the confrontation, things to say, how to say them, all while maintaining your composure and defusing anger for both of you
Course Level - Basic/Fundamental
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is nervous about having a confrontational conversation with anyone either personally or professionally.