HR Workplace Compliance Overview for Managers & Supervisors
Duration : 180 Minutes
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP ( HR Compliance Officer )
HR Compliance Solutions, LLC Founder/Owner - Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. Margie currently provides compliance services for a large global data protection technologies company with International and multi-state locations with headquarters in Mountain View, California. A former Compliance Officer for a defense contracting technologies firm with a military base in Hawaii, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the following industries: Non-profit, construction, defense contracting and federal government, hospitality, military simulation, engineering, technologies, banking, homebuilding, hospitality, retail, real estate, criminal justice, legal system, commercial property management facilities operations and volunteer management. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural. Margie is working currently on International compliance initiatives like International Privacy Issues, Drafting & Implementing International policies, Reviewing and Amending Global Employment Policies, Cross-Border Reductions in Force and Restructurings, Multi-jurisdictional employee investigations, Global Diversity Programs, Expatriate Legal Issues and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is attending Mitchell Hamline Law School’s HR Compliance Certificate Program and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
Have All Your Managers be Aware of all the Compliance Risks and How to Mitigate them! This Compliance Training will save your company over $300,000 in potential fines, violation and court settlements. Can you see how you can mitigate risk when you train your Managers? Can you afford to lose $300,000 plus?
How many Managers and Supervisors are training to be managers or leaders? Many Managers are promoted because they are good at what they do but do not know how to manage employees. Did you know, your managers have the power and the authority to make the decisions that will either ruin your company or improve it? Managers can be Ambassadors for your organizations providing leadership skills, mentorship and guidance to employees or provide increased risk and potential violations that can cost your company and the Managers litigation and fines & penalties for decisions they make through Vicarious Liability.
Vicarious Liability is when your Managers are held accountable and responsible for their actions as Managers. Not only is the company held responsible financially, but Managers can also be liable for fines and penalties based on the decisions they make.
Not all decisions Managers make are good decisions or exemplify what the company would decide. Can you vouch for all your Managers? Even good Managers can cost the company thousands of dollars when they make decisions that impact the bottom line.
- How to document performance issues to withstand legal scrutiny?
- How to have Managers/Supervisors take the lead in managing their direct reports?
- How can an effective Employee Manager relationship reduce your risk and improve productivity?
- How will the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) impact your bottom line if there are performance issues?
- What does the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) do when there is a claim of discrimination?
- How can Managers assist their Direct reports as mentors and advisors?
- How Managers/Supervisors avoid “Vicarious Liability” when they make decisions that will impact the Organization?
- How can regular supervision limit the bad performance issues with direct reports?
- How can a good onboarding process ease the issues of good acclimation to the Organization’s culture?
- What tools can Managers/Supervisors have to assist them in managing their teams?
- What happens when an employee is terminated and they make claims of wrongful termination?
- When Managers/Supervisors are not acting as managers but trying to be a friend to their direct reports?
- See what tools will help your Managers/Supervisors during the performance review evaluation period?
- Teach Managers/Supervisors how they can manage their employees and reduce violations?
Why Should Employers Designate this as a Mandatory Training Series?
- Employers who train their Managers/Supervisors in compliance initiatives have a “good faith Defense” if there are future workplace litigations
- Managers/Supervisors make a decision that does not necessarily coincide with the Organization. This Compliance Training Series will mandate your Managers/Supervisors to follow your organization’s policies, culture, and practice
- Your Organization can demonstrate that they provide good judgment when litigation issues arise. That means if the Organization can demonstrate that they train Managers/Supervisors, they will prove that they train for success
- Teach Managers/Supervisors the most volatile issues that they will face as Managers and how to mitigate those issues
- Teach Managers/Supervisor how to handle performance issues consistently and according to your Organization’s values and mission
- Documentation is key to performance issues. Have your Managers/Supervisors learn how to document performance consistently, strategically and fairly
- Have Managers/Supervisors identify those compliance regulations that can impact the Organization as well as their accountability
- Provide your Managers/Supervisors with the tools they need to reduce risk and connect with their direct reports
- Free legal Report on “Vicarious Liability” by two attorneys who wrote a legal article on how Employers can mitigate the penalties when their managers make inappropriate and illegal decisions
- Certificate of Completion for all attendees to put in their personnel file as a “Good Faith Effort” in training Managers and reduce risk
Who Should Attend
- Human Resources professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Business owners
- Professionals who handle employee relations issues
- Speaker: MARGIE FAULK
- Webinar Code: MAFA-0002