Growing a Start-up company to success – Strategies, Online Presence, Marketing vs Advertising
- Born in Germany
- Joined Air Force
and reached the staff office level (O5) as a jet aviator for the German
Air Force as well as an exchange officer with the US Air Force F-111.
Retired from a 22-year career
- Came to the US 25 years ago for the USAF exchange
- Recruited by a software company after retirement and build a team of 11 direct reports with a 40% revenue impact.
- In 2005 started my own consulting company AMC LLC. We offer:
- Strategy development consulting
- International tech transfer program/project management support
- Employee and leadership skill development programs (custom developed as well as the client provided), including coaching and mentoring packages for upper-level managers and leaders, including C-suite
- Organizational change and L&D requirements support (starting with assessments all the way to full implementation of change programs or learning initiatives)
- Clients we serve include:
- Eaton Corporation (Office 365 roll-our change project)
- Genentech (Global eLearning development program)
- Bayer AG (International Capacity Expansion project US - Germany)
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (Internal project moving manufacturing to the UK)
- Merck Pharma (Developing new strategy for regulatory submissions to FDA)
- Multiple associations and organization like AMA, TTA, Steven Covey, etc. for delivery of online and in-0person workshops for topics about leadership and communications
- Master’s degree in Organizational Management
- Ph.D. in Leadership & Org change
- Rutgers University Advisory Board member 2018/2019
- Facilitator/Faculty: “Voice of Leadership” & “Advanced Executive Leadership” – AMA (American Management Association)
- Certified Knowledge Management expert – KMCI (Knowledge Management Consortium International
- Certified Competent Communicator – TM International
- Certificate of Master Coaching – Fowler-Wainwright Institute of professional Coaching
- Certified Performance IQ coach- Global Performance Technologies GPT3
- Certificate of “How to be a better trainer” – Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
- Certified as a facilitator for CISCO internal consultant communication program
- Certified facilitator/trainer for The Learning Factor in support of ANZ Bank
- Certified 360 Assessment facilitator for Sum-Total systems used by J&J FLL2 managers & leaders
- Certified Talent development champion (Take Charge of your Talent Inc.)
- Designer/inventor of “Innovation Mapping” interactive learning method
- Certified in N.E.W.S Team development model (Facilitated Training, Org transformation, Executive Coaching)
Lately, we are hearing a lot about starting a business online, taking advantage of working remotely or from home, and making money online. Sadly that is often depicted as the “online version” of “hanging out a shingle and they will come” that was used in the 20th century to entice people to start a business. Choice has increased so much these days that it is harder and harder to be found in the see of news, data, advertising, etc.
How do you get found, grow your business and become successful?
You need to do mainly two things:
- Develop as many trusting relationships with potential customers as you can. That means you need to reach out, pamper these potential customers through an ever-growing number of phases and steps until they buy from you or order your services. Then you want to keep them happy so they do it over and over again and recommend you to their circle of influence. That and your own continuous efforts will keep growing your network and sales.
- Meet expectations at the highest quality levels. That means you have everything a customer expects even though it's not often the real decision-maker for purchase. That means social media accounts, website, email, newsletters, maybe a video channel, etc.
I have started several companies and learned a number of lessons I like to share.
- Team building using Free-up
- Accounting using modern online tools
- Social Media – yes or no?
- Tools and associated costs to be aware of and how they contribute to success and failure
- Do you need a niche or not?
- How to develop relationships
- What’s the deal with all the lead generation offers?
- Time Management
Course Level - Intermediate
Who Should Attend
Anybody who recently started a new business is planning to start a new business or wants to run a business besides a regular job.
Why Should You Attend
you are transitioning from corporate employment into consulting or
contracting or find yourself in a situation where you recently started
or plan to start a new business, you would benefit from knowing about
our experiences and avoid mistakes that often lead to failure.