Get Organized With Microsoft Outlook
Karla Brandau is a leading authority on time management and Microsoft Outlook. For over twenty years she has taught her innovative productivity methods in top corporations such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, and BYD America. Over 85% of the organizations who hire her, invite her back for repeat engagements. She has written 101 Time Management Tips for Busy Professionals and produced visual “How To” guides for Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016. She has a degree in education and is a Certified Speaking Professional, an earned designation given by National Speakers Association
This webinar is for individuals working in Outlook 2013, 2016 or 2019. If your workload has increased, your stress is up, and you need new ideas to “get it all done,” you’ll be amazed as you learn simple Outlook tricks that make handling your heavy workload relatively easy.
In this webinar, you’ll learn the power of disposing of minor details and focusing on high “A” tasks that:
- Advance your career
- Make it possible for you to deliver what you promised when you promised it
- Permit you to walk out the door on time, knowing you are in charge of your time and your productivity
With the information gained in this webinar, you will stop chasing deadlines or running four steps behind on everything you need to complete. Quite the contrary, you may be ahead of schedule – completing on Thursday what is due on Friday. Attending this webinar ensures this kind of efficiency as you are guided through making your top items high priority in the Inbox and/or Tasks and then reflected in the Calendar.
In this program you learn how Outlook can help you:
- Pace your productivity throughout the day
- Prioritize the many tasks and assignments that come to you
- Plan work forward
- Conquer procrastination
All of these are necessary skills to make you competitive in the workplace and help you move up the ladder of success. Once you learn these skills, you can take them anywhere with you and use them every day for unparalleled success.
This webinar will help you:
- Make the Calendar a Workflow Tool
- Unravel the Relationship of Tasks, the To-Do List, and the To-Do-Bar
Make the Calendar a Workflow Tool
With this instruction, you learn how to use the Outlook Calendar as a tool for:
- Managing daily workflow, not just a way to keep track of appointments and meetings
- Keeping a time log
- Estimating the time it will take you to complete a task
- Keeping track of project deadlines
- Ensuring you keep track of personal “life balance” activities
- Using Categories to help you visually sort information
- Using Calendar features found in the File Tab
- Adding an additional time zone
- Logging deadlines and checkpoints in the Calendar
- Taking advantage of the advanced dialog box
- Learning how to use the magic date feature
This instruction is propriety material developed through years of trial and error.
Unraveling the Relationship of Tasks, the To-Do List and the To-Do-Bar
This module teaches you how to:
- Identify the differences between the To-Do List, Tasks, and the To-do Bar
- Use the tasks folder to organize complex work requests
- Record and remember all assignments and deadlines
- Prioritize delegated tasks and projects
- Create new folders for a plethora of projects
- Capture all details of every project
- Customize column headings in Task folders enabling the user to view project-relevant information
- Ensure assignments don’t fall through the cracks
When your tasks are organized as taught in this module, you’ll work faster and smarter than you ever have before.
Course Level - Intermediate and Advanced
Who Should Attend
Anyone who uses Microsoft Outlook, particularly those who are having trouble getting everything done and feeling stressed out. Titles include:
- Team Leaders and Team Members
- Office Manager and Office Staff
- Project Managers and Project Members
- Executive Teams
- Sales Managers and Sales Professionals
- Customer Service Managers
- Customer Service Personnel
- Directors and Assistant Directors
- Marketing Managers and Marketing Personnel
- Account Managers and Accounting Staff
- Business Development Managers
- Finance Directors
- HR Directors and HR Staff
Why Should You Attend
Your productivity relates to how efficiently you can process requests and finish assignments. By streamlining your Microsoft Outlook usage and using the 85% of Outlook typically left untouched, you can increase your yield on the time you spend working. Effective use of your time increases your self-esteem and helps you leave work (or stop work if you work virtually) on time, knowing you have achieved what needed to be done during your working hours.
In this webinar, you will be introduced to little known Outlook features and the time management benefits the tools give you. The goal is to help save time by turning over to technology the rote, the routine, and the minutia. Through the principles taught, you learn to systemize the way you think about your daily workflow from processing the Inbox to breaking assignments into manageable components in Tasks. In summary, register for this webinar and learn how a genius would get more done in less time.
If you are using Microsoft Outlook for email only, you are wasting about 85% of the technology power that could be yours. Register for this webinar, get organized and increase your daily output and productivity.