Form I-9 Compliance
Dayna is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at a major medical center in Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field for over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll. Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee). Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments, Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
This webinar has been approved for 1.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
For any further assistance please contact us at email@example.com
With so many updates to the Form I-9 over the last several years including the most recent released on Jan 31, 2020, there is a lot of confusion on how the changes impact employers. This webinar will review all the changes in detail and how the employer can deal with them. We also have additional options of going electronic with Form I-9 and options to validate employees electronically. This webinar will review all of your electronic options when it comes to the Form I-9 and how your company can best become more electronic.
The Trump administration is cracking down on I-9 compliance are you ready for an audit. This webinar will get you ready to know all the details of the new form along with how to properly complete it.
- Working in the US and Employment Verification
- Changes to the I-9 Form and what it all means
- How to properly complete the I-9
- Section by Section
- Correcting Mistakes
- Storage and Retention
Course Level - All levels
Who Should Attend
- Compensation Professionals
Why Should You Attend
- Understand the recent updates to Form I-9 as of 10/21/2019
- Understanding the new I-9 requirements for individuals working in the US on temporary work visas
- Review section by section of the form
- Review what the requirements are to keep form I-9 electronic
- How to avoid mistakes in the I-9 process from document abuse to discrimination
- How to handle Audits in regards to the I-9
- Review of April 2018 E-verify system updates
- Review of taking SSN Cards and what you need to know
- Understand electronic I-9 requirements
- Understand proper processing of each section of the Form I-9
- Review of anti-discrimination laws and how employers can protect themselves
- Review all updates of the e-verify system and why you should use it