FDA Compliance and Mobile Applications
Carolyn Troiano has more than 35 years of experience in computer system validation in the pharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, tobacco, e-cigarette/e-liquid and other FDA-regulated industries. She is currently an independent consultant, advising companies on computer system validation and large-scale IT system implementation projects. During her career, Carolyn worked directly, or on a consulting basis, for many of the larger pharmaceutical companies in the US and Europe. She developed validation programs and strategies, and collaborated with FDA and other industry representatives on 21 CFR Part 11, the FDA’s electronic record/electronic signature regulation. Carolyn has participated in industry conferences, and is currently active in several IT and compliance professional organizations.
We will discuss in detail how computer system validation can be applied to mobile applications subject to FDA regulations. This is critical in order to develop the appropriate validation strategy and achieve the thoroughness required to prove that a system does what it purports to do. It also ensures that a system is maintained in a validated state throughout its entire life cycle, from conception through retirement.
As technology changes, we need to adapt our approach to computer system validation for systems regulated by FDA to ensure that we take into account all controls that need to be in place, whether technical or procedural. Mobile devices have the added complexity of being small, portable and vulnerable to both physical and logical mishap or calculated attack.
- Gain an understanding of how mobile applications should be handled when performing validation work
- Understand the best practices for maintaining a mobile application in a validated state
- Discuss the best practices necessary to ensure all systems, including mobile applications, are validated appropriately
- Learn how to develop the appropriate computer validation strategy when dealing with mobile applications to ensure a good balance of cost vs. risk
- Understand how to effectively document the process of computer system validation, and maintain current information about the various systems in your organization, as they begin to include mobile applications
- Learn how to gain information about trends in the validation of mobile applications, as the industry progresses and new best practices emerge
- Understand some of the key “pitfalls” to avoid when applying the concepts of computer system validation to mobile applications
Who Should Attend
This webinar is intended for those working in the FDA-regulated industries, including pharmaceutical, medical device, biological, animal health and tobacco. Functions that are applicable include research and development, manufacturing, Quality Control, distribution, clinical testing and management, adverse events management and post-marketing surveillance.
You should attend this webinar if you are responsible for planning, executing or managing the implementation of any system governed by FDA regulations, or if you are maintaining or supporting such a system. Examples of who will benefit from this webinar include:
- Information Technology Analysts
- Information Technology Developers and Testers
- QC/QA Managers and Analysts
- Clinical Data Managers and Scientists
- Analytical Chemists
- Compliance and Audit Managers
- Laboratory Managers
- Automation Analysts
- Computer System Validation Specialists
- GMP Training Specialists
- Business Stakeholders/Subject Matter Experts
- Business System/Application Testers
This webinar will also benefit any consultants working in the tobacco or life science industries who are involved in mobile application implementation, validation and compliance.