Excel - Power Pivot – Taking Your Pivot Tables to The Next Level
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. In 2012 Mike founded excel trainer.co.uk where he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He has recorded several Excel training courses for plural sight.com and in his career delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a wide variety of technology-related topics. Mike is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.
In this training, you will learn, using practical examples, how Power Pivot provides Business Intelligence functionality & reporting within the familiar environment of Excel.
Power Pivot, a free add-in for Excel, written by Microsoft, puts the "power" into Pivot Tables (hence the name!). Power Pivot removes many of the limitations and frustrations that many advanced users find with Pivot Tables. For example, using Power Pivot you can…
- Create Pivot Tables from multiple Excel-based lists without using VLOOKUP
- Create Pivot Tables from large datasets without worrying about file size or performance
- Combine together related data from multiple data sources (Excel, database, text file, etc) into a single Pivot Table
- Create powerful calculations on the data in your Pivot Tables
- Importing data into Power Pivot - the why and how
- The importance of understanding The Data Model
- Creating a Pivot Table from related Excel tables
- Creating a Pivot Table from related data sources (including external sources)
- An introduction DAX: Calculated Columns
Who Should Attend
This training is aimed at users of Excel (2010 and above for Windows) who wish to learn about Power Pivot. Attendees should have at least intermediate knowledge of Excel and be familiar with formulas and creating Pivot tables.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Power Pivot may not be available for your version of Excel. If you are unsure whether this training is relevant for your version of Excel, please check with your IT department.
Why Should You Attend
Your data is only as good as the information you can derive from it. Power Pivot enables you to gain better business insights and make more informed business decisions. If you want to take your reporting capabilities to the next level by learning how to leverage the functionality of Power Pivot, this is a must-attend training session!