Disarming Stress and Conflict While Building Group Morale Through Emotional Intelligence X Higher Power Humor ™
Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, "The Stress Doc" ™, a nationally acclaimed speaker, writer, and "Motivational Psychohumorist" ™, is a founding partner and Stress Resilience and Trauma Debriefing Consultant for the Nepali Diaspora Behavioral Health & Wellness Initiative. Leadership Coach/Webinar Training Consultant and clinical therapist for Inner City Family Services, Washington, DC. Cross-Cultural Diversity Training Speaker/Consultant for numerous Federal Agencies. A former Stress and Violence Prevention Consultant for the US Postal Service, he has led numerous Pre-Deployment Stress Resilience-Humor-Team Building Retreats for the US Army. Presently Mark does Cross-Cultural Facilitation and Presentations for organizational/corporate clients of HR Consulting Firm PRM. The Doc is the author of Practice Safe Stress, The Four Faces of Anger, and Preserving Human Touch in a High-Tech World. Mark’s award-winning, USA Today Online "HotSite" – www.stressdoc.com – was called a "workplace resource" by National Public Radio (NPR).
In a TNT –Time-Numbers-Technology – Driven- and Distracted Workplace, stress, and conflict are up and attention levels are down. The answer, learn how the Stress Doc’s “Higher Power Humor” can positively impact your culture: productivity, cooperation, and morale. When humor springs from the head and heart, that is, comes from a place of Emotional Intelligence, then humor has the potential to be much more than just a good joke. And this is especially true if a dynamic communicator/leader knows how to play with and strategically connect Emotional Intelligence (EQ) with the Stress Doc’s new concept of “Humor Intelligence” (HQ). Are you ready to explore the seriously silly, radiant realm of Higher Power Humor ™?
If so, let Mark Gorkin, LICSW, the Stress Doc ™, acclaimed author, speaker, webinar presenter, organizational consultant, and clinical therapist provide you step-by-step guidance for employing “hands-on humor” tools and techniques. Through the Stress Doc’s Get FIT – FUN-Interactive-Thought-provoking – substance and style, you will learn to:
- Captivate and inspire an audience – large or small
- Disarm “stress carriers” and touchy conflict situations
- Become a more authentic – fearless and vulnerable – and trust-building role model, and, most important
- Understand (and practice) the differences between healing, humbling, and hostile humor; harness the power of self-effacing yet affirming humor
So, to become a Higher Power Humorist (or “Motivational Pychohumorist” ™) …
Seek the Higher Power of Stress Doc Humor… May the Farce Be with You!
- Understand the Synergy between Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and Humor Intelligence (and Why the Best Leaders/Educators Incorporate EQ Humor in Their Messaging and Interaction)
- Recognize and Apply the Mind-Body Theories and Functions of Humor; Differentiate and Integrate Humor and Wit; Distinguish Healing from Hostile Humor
- Discover and Practice “Hands on Humor” and “Group Art Therapy” Tools and Techniques for Disarming Criticism and Conflict and Building Team Morale: Be Vivid and Visual to Ebb and Flow between the Serious and Humorous
- Learn to “Bring FAVA” (Fearless and Vulnerable Authenticity); Captivate and Build Trust
with “Get FIT” – FUN-Interactive-Thought-provoking – Presentations and Programs
- Discover and Apply Problem-Solving Options Using the Stress Doc’s Creative RAP – Reframing, Analogy & Paradox; Discover and Apply the Power of Shrink Rap ™
- Learn and Practice the New KISS (Keep It Short & Smart) and MISS (Make It Sassy & Surprising), Confront Your Intimate FOE (Fear of Exposure) and Be Out-rage-ous
Course Level - All Levels
Who Should Attend
This webinar will benefit all levels of employers and leaders in the organization as it strengthens and provides creative thinking and communication tools and techniques. The Stress Doc will also present “How To” Exercises that participants will be able to take back and apply in their companies and organizations.
Why Should Attend
This topic is for all levels of employees and management. Increasingly, we understand that the keys to organizational productivity, motivation, and morale involve more than Digital Intelligence. We’ve come to recognize the importance of awareness and communication fueled by Emotional Intelligence. And now, the Stress Doc is taking this creative consciousness/communication skill set to a new level through Humor Intelligence (HQ) that builds on Emotional Intelligence (EQ). EQ x HQ Synergy, especially a leader using Self-Effacing Humor, will enable you to grab people’s attention, sustain their engagement, and boost, if not inspire their belief, commitment, and motivation.