Dealing With Difficult People
Rhonda Scharf CSP, HoF, GSF
… humorous … entertaining … even contagious … words that are often used
to describe Rhonda Scharf. A speaker with the uncanny ability to look
at the normal and see something quite different.
will share some things she has learned to help you thrive in your work
environment, emerging at the end of the day with a smile and a sense of
accomplishment. Audiences far and wide sing her praises for her relevant
and useful tips on administration, communication, and workplace
Rhonda is an author, speaker,
trainer, and grandmother! She has earned her Certified Speaking
Professional (less than 7% of all speakers worldwide have earned this
designation), is a member of the Canadian Speaking Hall of Fame, and is
one of only 35 speakers worldwide who have earned their Global Speaking
Fellow (meaning she truly has an international business), and been
awarded the Spirit of CAPS award. She is the ONLY speaker in the entire
world who has earned all four awards. Her peers consider Rhonda a leader
in the speaking industry! Her natural warmth and sincerity are balanced
by a healthy sense of the absurd, a combination that is useful in any situation. Rhonda’s professional speaking career began at age two… when
her mother would offer her 25 cents to be quiet for five minutes!
Never again fall victim to those who love to make life miserable for the rest of us!
The ability to communicate effectively in the workplace has become a basic skill in today’s environment. Add in the complexity of dealing with others in a pandemic, the stress levels incurred, and the complexity of trying to do your job, and you run into difficult people constantly! In this online workshop, you will learn how to work in more challenging environments by expanding your communication skills with all types of people that you encounter.
Dealing with difficult people on a daily basis can turn a dream job into a nightmare! As pressures in the workplace increase, many office professionals are finding there are more difficult people to deal with on the job as well as in our personal lives. Whether you have to handle a customer who shouts at you for doing your job or a team member who takes credit for your ideas, this unique workshop will show you ways to stop falling victim to those difficult people who love to make life miserable for the rest of us!
- 5 strategies for improving communication with difficult people (so you can end your frustration!) on all mediums: Telephone, virtual, email, and in-person
- How to defuse people who are angry, upset, or just plain rude and how to calm tense situations (improve your reputation as the professional and reduce your stress all while following customer service principles)
- Techniques for giving feedback to difficult people to help correct or even improve their behavior (make it easy for you as well as others)
- Learn to face life confidently, knowing you're up to any challenge (you can deal with stressed people if you just know how!)
- What to say, how to say it, when to say it, all the while being in complete control of yourself
- Strategies for maintaining your composure while defusing angry people
- Learn how to deal with conflict; problems and manipulation rather than spend your life being a victim!
- Control, Confidence & Composure in the most highly charged situations!
- Keep your emotions in check. Tips to avoid crying, screaming, and blanking out
- Prepare yourself to say what you should say (and take the professional path, not the emotional one)
Course Level - Fundamental
Who Should Attend
All roles and titles.
Why Should You Attend
If you are frustrated by dealing with difficult people at work (or home), then this is the workshop to attend.