Saleh Mubarak, Ph.D.
- Construction project management professional, professor, consultant, author, public speaker, and trainer
- Ph.D. in civil engineering from Clemson University, USA, specialized in Construction Project Management
- Experience: 30+years, diversified:
- Industrial: private and public sectors, in the U.S. and internationally. Positions occupied include project engineer/manager, cost estimator, planner/scheduler, project controls manager, cost manager, training manager
- Academic: faculty member/professor, head of a department
- Extensive experience in continuing education and professional training around the world. Topics are mainly planning & scheduling cost estimating project controls. Topics also include soft skills and their integration with project management
- Author of:
- Construction Project Scheduling and Control (currently 3rd edition, 4th edition is coming soon)
- How to Estimate with Means Data: Basic Skills for Building Construction (currently 4th edition, 5th edition is coming soon)
- Many articles; technical and other
- Many presentations in professional conferences such as PMI, AACE International. The public speaker in many local, regional, and international events
- An authority on project planning, scheduling, and project control
- An advocate of holistic healthy living
This is an introductory seminar that covers topics related to the prevention and resolution of conflicts. It includes an introduction to conflicts; definitions, types, and potential consequences. It also includes important tips for preventing/avoiding conflicts, as well as resolving them in the most effective manner when they happen. It goes on to describe important conflict management skills along with examples and applications.
- Basic definitions and concepts
- Potential consequences of conflicts; both positive and negative
- Types of conflicts/conflict parties
- Evolution of the conflict
- Conflict avoidance/prevention
- Conflict resolution
- Conflict management skills
- Applications of conflict management in construction projects
Course Level - Basic
Who Should Attend
Everyone: Architects, engineers (of all disciplines), contractors, subcontractors, project managers, cost/quantity estimators, project management team members, attorneys/lawyers, executives
Why Should You Attend
This webinar provides important hints for the project management team and everyone else, that can make a big difference for the success; both on the personal and organizational levels. The webinar includes tips and hints for preventing/avoiding conflicts, as well as resolving them in the most effective manner when they happen. One simple step that takes very little time and costs little or nothing, can have a profound impact on the outcomes of the project and the business in general.
Conflicts arise every day between different parties; individuals, teams, and organizations. These conflicts take a heavy toll on us: Our business, our relationships, and our own quality of life. This webinar will focus on two aspects: preventing conflicts (before they happen) and resolving them efficiently (when they happen). It is particularly important for the project management team.