Stay Interviews: Kicking Your Employee Retention Efforts into Overdrive in 2023
Pete Tosh is the Founder of The Focus Group, a management consulting and training firm that assists organizations in sustaining profitable growth through four core disciplines:
- Maximizing Leadership Effectiveness
- Strategic Planning
- Implementing Strategic HR Initiatives
- Enhancing Customer Loyalty
The Focus Group has provided these consulting and training services to manufacturing and service organizations across the U.S., Canada, Europe, and the Middle East. Pete has worked closely with the leadership teams of organizations such as Exxon, Brinks, EMC, State Farm, Marriott, N.C.I. YKK and Freddie Mac.
Pete is the co-author of Leading Your Organization to the Next Level: The Core Disciplines of Sustained Profitable Growth.
Pete holds a B.A. degree in Psychology from Emory and Henry College and Master’s degrees in both Business Administration and Industrial Psychology from Virginia Commonwealth University.
This webinar has been approved for 1.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
For any further assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employee turnover is always a hot topic. How can it be reduced? How can you keep your top employees from leaving? What makes a good employee want to leave? How can you know if someone is considering quitting?
Some employers have decided the best way to answer those questions is to ask employees directly. Instead of making assumptions about what employees need and whether they may consider leaving, employers should be proactively asking employees what makes them stay. And that’s the basis for “stay” interviews.
- What is a stay interview?
- How does a stay interview work?
- Benefits of conducting stay interviews
- Tips for conducting effective stay interviews
- Who should conduct stay interviews?
- When and where should stay interview be conducted?
- Duration of a stay interview
- Ask meaningful questions: 13 sample questions to ask
- What to do after a stay interview has been conducted
- How to use the information gained from stay interviews to improve employee retention?
- How should managers implement what they’ve learned from the stay interview?
Course Level - All
Who Should Attend
- Senior Leadership
- Human Resource Managers
- Managers and Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- Operations Professionals
Why Should You Attend
The stay interview is your organization’s opportunity to build trust with employees and to assess the degree of employee satisfaction and engagement that exists in your organization.
In this webinar, participants will learn how to effectively conduct stay interviews to learn what keeps their employees working for their organization and helps build trust as long as meaningful changes are implemented.