Finance & Accounting 101 Simplified : Three Courses in One!
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds a MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high growth technology-based company. He has over 25 years of senior-level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting, and business management. Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of a major consulting firm.
Carl is a member of the following organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points. Sessions are rich in content, lively, full of energy and include plenty of audience interaction. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity! His goal is to make finance and accounting relevant to non-financial professionals using tools and techniques that are simple to understand and apply.
• Making of Financial Statements
• Understanding & Analysing Financial Statements
• Financial Ratios The Path to Profits & Profitability
Three related Finance & Accounting courses are presented in this Webinar
Making of Financial Statements
- Transforming transactions to statements
- Interactive exercises to illustrate the accounting process
- Overview of the entire accounting process is simple to understand steps
Understanding & Analysing Financial Statements
- Overview of three required financial statements
o Balance Sheet
o Income Statement
o Cash Flow Statement
- Key positive elements & red flags
- Using statements as the basis for key business decisions
Financial Ratios The Path to Profits & Profitability
- Five categories of essential ratios
- Calculating ratios from their financial statement source
- Understanding how to use ratios to make key financial decisions
These three separate Webinars are combined into one 90 minute webinar of composite tools & techniques to provide a comprehensive understanding of finance & accounting in a simple to understand and apply tools & techniques. Attendee exercises & participation are used to reinforce training. All essential elements of finance & accounting are covered in this webinar which is three courses in one.
Combines three essential finance & accounting webinar/courses into one. Making of Financial Statements, Understanding & Analysing Financial Statements & Essential Ratios the Road to Profits & Productivity. This composite course covers all the essential elements of these courses. Attendees receive a review and understanding of all essential elements of Finance & Accounting 101 simplified in this one composite course. A must for non-financial professionals seeking to obtain a composite knowledge of the tools & techniques of finance & accounting in one composite webinar. Also a must for financial professionals seeking to refresh their finance & accounting body of knowledge!
- The overall connection of financial transactions to required statements of
o Balance Sheet
o Income Statement
o Cash Flow Statement
- The basic framework of finance and accounting and the concepts and principles used to transform transactions
- Components of each financial statement using sample statements
- Six Generic types of transactions in every company
- Simple comparison of business to personal financial statements
- Simple meaning of finance and accounting
- Simple meaning of cash vs. accrual accounting
- Simple explanation of debits and credits with actual exercises to illustrate their application in transforming transactions to statements
- Simple examples of accounts and how transactions are recorded using debits and credits with actual attendee exercises and sample transactions
- Simple explanation of double-entry accounting and why it is key to the process of accounting accuracy
- Key tools to understand and analyse financial statements
- Tools & techniques to understand key financial ratios and how to use them in making key business decisions
- This is a key composite course of all essential elements of finance & accounting primarily for non-financial professionals
- It is a great refreshed for financial professionals
Overall you will learn in a simple to understand and apply tools and techniques how business financial transactions are transformed to financial statements. I guarantee it!
Course Level : Beginner / Intermediate and all Non-Financial Professionals
Who Should Attend
This Webinar is primarily designed for all Non-Financial Professionals who have the management and control of resources. Financial professionals can also benefit as a refresher. The primary focus is on Non-Financial Professionals. It is Accounting 101 made simple!!
Why Should Attend
Non- Financial professionals need the skills and tools to analyse financial statements in the management control and application of resources for which they are responsible. There are several myths about accounting that must be overcome to gain a basic knowledge of accounting and how transactions are transformed into statements. These myths are converted to meaning. Doubt and uncertainty about accounting are removed with simple to understand and apply tools and technique.