Building Your Winning Team
Date : 17 December 2018
Time : 10 : 00 AM EST
Duration : 90 Minutes
David's passion is helping executives create a masterpiece personally and professionally. That's why he wrote, "The CEO Code," a Best Seller on AMAZON. That success resulted in Penguin/Alpha Books asking David to write "IDIOT'S GUIDES: Management Skills" released in December 2014.
David has "been there & done that" in the military, academia, and business. His experience and expertise enable him to deliver for you
- IMPACT - When you survive bullets and missiles on 208 combat missions as a USAF fighter pilot it gives you an edge, a focus and a "can do" attitude.
- RELEVANCE - Understanding people comes from knowledge, (MBA in Finance, grad work with Peter Drucker and years of university teaching.) Experience (Merrill Lynch, built three companies and coaching CEOs and executives.) Expertise (perpetual student, disciplined listener, and professional speaking for over 30 years + lots of practice.)
- RESULTS - 85% of David's new business comes from referrals. There is no higher tribute a client can give than to refer a friend or colleague. He is dedicated to getting you great results and believes that is the best marketing he could possibly do.
First, we will discuss what sets a team apart from other forms of getting things done. Teams do certain things extremely well but they are not suited for all tasks. How to tell the difference and decide whether or not to use a team approach will be explored.
Once you decide to build a team, how do you do it? The planning, criteria, and process of forming a team will be explained. Clearly defined goals, standards, and measurements are critical. You will see why it is so important to set clearly defined rules of engagement right up front. Selection of team members will make or break the team. You will get tools, guidelines, and methods for implementing a selection process. You will also receive practical and systematic ways to get everyone on the same score of achievement. Everyone has to know the rules and objectives as well as the contributions of each team member.
Measurement tools and techniques will be discussed and specific practices that you will want to incorporate in your team to keep everyone on track and still generate innovation. Simple techniques to build momentum, increase output plus design the tools, systems, and indicators to facilitate and understand how to measure results. Special emphasis will be made on reading, understand and influence people. A team is made up of a diverse group of people. The leaders' job is to manage and lead each individual and the group. We will show you how to do exactly that.
A winning team will out produce any individual and most other teams. There is an amazing strength, resilience, and ability to perform at heroic levels when a quality team is in sync and working together. A good team will improve your results far beyond anything you try to accomplish alone.
- Why and how to form a team
- Setting the rules of engagement
- Selecting the best possible team members
- Clarifying goals, objectives, and measurements
- How to identify and resolve conflict
- Using teams to build and develop future leaders
- Meetings, mechanics and mentoring a team
- Changing the players: how, why and when is it necessary
- How to focus on the big picture and keeping people informed
Who Should Attend
- C-Suite executives
- Team leaders
- High potential employees
Why Should Attend
It takes hard work to develop and grow an effective team but it is absolutely worth the effort. Highly effective teams increase innovation, creativity, as well as, the quality and quantity of results. Teams are a breeding ground for leadership, management, and communication skills development. The biggest shortfall of most teams is poor communication yet good communications is the mighty glue that holds a team together. This webinar will provide you with all the guidelines and principles you need to build a well-functioning team. You will discover the secret to maximizing the strength of your team. Also, you will learn what not to do when putting a team together.
Whether you are new to leading a team or a seasoned veteran you will get from this webinar a treasure trove of ideas to make your team soar to new heights.
- Speaker: DAVID ROHLANDER
- Webinar Code: DARO-0007